The Student Room Group

The Boots Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
When I started I got £4.24...but that was because I was 16 obviously. Could just be due to varying locations as you say I suppose.
Reply 41
my contract says £6.17...
so its definately right
and after a year it goes up to £6.75 i think, i work at the store in manchester on market street :smile:
oh, and im only 18, and on the tills.
i applied to boots online about 2 weeks ago, but havent heard back so im guessing thats bad lol
Reply 43
I think if they don't want you, they tell you straight away. I got the rejection email less than 24 hours after filling in the form! was a pity as I'd relly like to work there - I know where everything is already as I seem to spend all my time looking for stuff there
I applied online for an xmas job yesterday and haven't had a rejection email yet so fingers crossed lol
Reply 45
Quick question - does anyone know if there's a minimum number of hours they'd want you to do? I already have a job, but would quite like to do a couple of afternoons at Boots too.
Reply 46
well i do 4 hours only, so im guessin that :smile:

- my interviewer/person who did induction said that the questions online are the hardest, then the interview is pip squeak :smile:
Reply 47
I think some places let you choose when you work so they may let you do that! :smile: however i guess i can't speak for all places :s-smilie:
Reply 48
They have still not contacted me :frown:
I applied just now for a Saturday placement. But also told them I could work Sunday :p: I hope I get it. I would love a weekend job, make me feel so grown up. And it's MONEY! I love Money :biggrin: Ok, I'll calm down now. haha
I just got a phone call and I have an interview! Although the woman said they have interviews all day from 9 until 5, so it looks like my chances of getting a jobs are very slim. :s-smilie: Still, there are four vacancies, so fingers crossed! Right, I'm off to Boots to memorise the location of the cheapest paracetemol lol.
Reply 51
i applied online for a job in huddersfield where I'm starting uni on the 13th so i don't even know where the store is yet :| I hope i at least get an interview though i could do with some pennies!
Reply 52
hello there, i applied to boots online, and today got a phone call about an interview. my interview is for next week Saturday, and i don't wanna mess it up.

i'll be honest, i do lack confidence, but i try to fake it.

i've had an interview for boots before last year, and messed it up, they gave me a list of things to find , like shampoo etc. then they ask me to find the cheapest toothpaste, which i did. they asked a weird question 'does boots sell fruit', i said no. i didn't get the job.

anyone got any advice? i really want to get this job.
Reply 53
Go to the store before hand a make a mental note of where things genrally are so youll be able to find it more easily.
Snookercraze
Has neone applied and been let known of their decision?

When do the xmas temp jobs begin and end? I don't know whether to apply for where I'm at uni or home!

I applied for a part time permanent position earlier today online..has anyone got any idea what happens now/how long they'll take to contact me/how they'll do so? I really need a job..:confused:
Reply 55
they took about 2 days to get back to me about an instore assessment :smile:
Reply 56
khalidklan
hello there, i applied to boots online, and today got a phone call about an interview. my interview is for next week Saturday, and i don't wanna mess it up.

i'll be honest, i do lack confidence, but i try to fake it.

i've had an interview for boots before last year, and messed it up, they gave me a list of things to find , like shampoo etc. then they ask me to find the cheapest toothpaste, which i did. they asked a weird question 'does boots sell fruit', i said no. i didn't get the job.

anyone got any advice? i really want to get this job.

Just in case they ask again.... they do sell fruit...well in certain branches
where they also sell the lunches and snacks!:biggrin:
Reply 57
Just got an email inviting me to an interview/assesment but the interviews are monday, tuesday, wednesday and i don't move to the town till saturday. Ive emailed asking if i coul d have an interview after that so fingers crossed!
Interview tomorrow morning :s-smilie:
OK, I just had my interview. It went OK, I think, but I could have done better. Thanks for the tip on the cheapest paracetemol, that was really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending