The Student Room Group

The man who's going to [freefall] 23 miles to Earth

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zangoose
He'd be better off spending all the money, time and resources on serving his community than participating in this pointless derangement... How will humankind benefit from watching this nonsense?

I hope his parachute fails.

Christ, you really are a boring ****.
He'd be better off spending all the money, time and resources on serving his community than participating in this pointless derangement... How will humankind benefit from watching this nonsense?

The
-time
-cost of computer internet.
-heating
that you used posting this could have gone to help the community.
Didn't someone already do this in the sixties?
Reply 23
Original post by NB_ide

Yea, occasionally. I very much doubt this will be Mr Baumgartner's first jump, however, and it will all be completely routine for him. I honestly don't believe I'd be "afraid" if I was in his situation and I wouldn't be able to credibly claim that I was being brave or anything similar. Not that he is claiming that himself - it's just the media.

btw, if you're implying that the higher you are, the "scarier" it is - I don't think that really applies. I'd much rather get out of a plane at 10,000ft than 5000ft. And 5000ft is a ****ing lot better than 1000ft, and so on.

Very routine? its 23miles you simpleton. Theres a big difference between a bog standard 15000ft sky dive and a HALO/HAHO jump from 35,000ft let alone from 121,000ft which is what he's doing. Get a sense of perspective, £5 says you wouldnt have the cojones to jump off a plane still on the ground let alone anything greater.
Besides incaseit had escaped your notice a hell of a lot more can go wrong at that altitude...
Reply 24
Original post by cl_steele
Very routine? its 23miles you simpleton. Theres a big difference between a bog standard 15000ft sky dive and a HALO/HAHO jump from 35,000ft let alone from 121,000ft which is what he's doing.

Besides incaseit had escaped your notice a hell of a lot more can go wrong at that altitude...

Sure it's different, technically and operationally, but for him it's pretty much the same ****. If it was going to be hard for him, emotionally difficult, stressful or scary then he wouldn't be the right man for the job and they'd use someone who wasn't a pussy, you see?

Get a sense of perspective, £5 says you wouldnt have the cojones to jump off a plane still on the ground let alone anything greater.

Paypal will be fine, thanks.
Reply 25
no cuz u need guts lol brave
Reply 26
no cuz guts
Original post by Joeman560
Didn't someone already do this in the sixties?

Yeah, Joe Kittinger, but Felix is attempting to go quite a few thousand feet higher.
Reply 28
Original post by That Was So Funny!
The time it took for you to criticize this man could have been spent benefiting your community and serving humankind. What do you have to say for yourself ?

Stop being a rep whore.
Stop being a rep whore.

I will rape your mum with a banana then force feed it to you through a tube
Reply 30
Anyone else watching this now? Looks like they're getting pretty close to launch!!! :woo:

Edit: LINK!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by iCiaran
Anyone else watching this now? Looks like they're getting pretty close to launch!!! :woo:

Where can I watch it?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 32
Original post by This Honest
Where can I watch it?

Edited my post :smile: (Here)

Is that the best you can do?
I'll call it... he'll explode when he hits the sound barrier.
Reply 35
Original post by That Was So Funny!
I will rape your mum with a banana then force feed it to you through a tube

That's ****ed mate :lolwut:
Original post by iCiaran
Edited my post :smile: (Here)

Darn, link ain't working.

Reply 37
Original post by This Honest
Darn, link ain't working.