The Student Room Group

Take Me Out 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yennibubs
I'm surprised too because malin is pretty, but he said something about how the girl he picked didn't seem to pride herself in her appearance but still looked gorgeous. I guess he may have assumed malin is high maintenance?

This series was definitely the worst to date!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by QwentyJ
I don't understand how Victoria got so lucky. She got the date with the rugby player and she was in a lot of final 2's. Tbh, she isn't that impressive or that good looking either. Zoe, Malia, Charlotte, Bronnie - I can't believe some of the girls these lads missed. Aye, it's been a bad series and far too short. Not sure I'll be tuning I next time round unless it improves dramatically.

What do you think made it bad this time?

For me, I was a really shocked they were bringing if back so early, considering the last one only ended in March/April.

Also, at this time of the year, there's so much going on on TV and people don't need another programme to keep them entertained (not that I watch X factor or the jungle). People also have Christmas shopping to think about.

The constant attention on people like lois and thiopia made it boring for me.

Most girls aren't looking for love, they just want to further their modelling/entertainment careers.

Finally, I hate it when the guys invite a significant person to the show to help them pick their date.
Reply 41
Can't believe another series is over :frown:
Worst series ever tbh. They newd to chage it up and make it a bit more exciting.
This is the first series I've watched, and think it's amazing!
Malin was pretty but she has a really weird top lip/teeth
How many episodes was that series? It feels really short (I may well have missed loads at the beginning).
Original post by babygirl110

For me, I was a really shocked they were bringing if back so early, considering the last one only ended in March/April.

Also, at this time of the year, there's so much going on on TV and people don't need another programme to keep them entertained (not that I watch X factor or the jungle). People also have Christmas shopping to think about.

Most girls aren't looking for love, they just want to further their modelling/entertainment careers.

Finally, I hate it when the guys invite a significant person to the show to help them pick their date.

I agree with everything you said, especially getting someone else to help them pick. The worst one has to be that little brother who thought he was too cool for school.

I also didn't feel connected to any of the girls this year. I really loved gracie last year and really hoped she'd get a date and I was happy when she did. The year before, it was Lucy. The original girls this year just didn't seem genuine and people like thiopia tried too hard to be funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yennibubs
I agree with everything you said, especially getting someone else to help them pick. The worst one has to be that little brother who thought he was too cool for school.

I also didn't feel connected to any of the girls this year. I really loved gracie last year and really hoped she'd get a date and I was happy when she did. The year before, it was Lucy. The original girls this year just didn't seem genuine and people like thiopia tried too hard to be funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, the one with the kid annoyed me. The who concept of having someone choose a one's girlfriend or boyfriend to me is just ridiculous.

Yes I liked Lucy and peggy from the year before. Gracie I found annoying.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48

A lot of things you've said probably affected this series' viewing. For one, I think brining it back at a different time of year was a mistake, thus confusing the fan-base who would have assumed it was a New Year start. Secondly, this series was a good 5/6 episodes shorter than normal. Thirdly, like you've noted, they get hold of women who are looking to pick up a glamour career or keep one going and as such aren't bothered about going on a date so long as they can get maximum tv exposure. I wonder how many of them are on some agent's books?!

The other beef I have is that like a lot of tv programming these days, the show is very, very dumbed down; even by Saturday night's TV standards. I mean, they pick some seriously shallow women. I've touched on it before, the women they choose seem to be your standard barbie doll, who wants a tall, well built, confident guy who likes a drink, has a steady (but not too flashy job) and who dresses like a One Direction extra. In turn, they pick some thick as mince guys to go on the show who care more about their own image than they do about finding someone. It doesn't set a good image for young men who believe the only way to be successful in life is to get a tan, get some muscles and become a player or for young women who get burnt by them. While I'm here, not every women will find the kind of man they promote on thse shows to be good looking. Shockingly, some women like educated men with hobbies, or men who have a natural body-shape, or men who are a bit shy or don't follow Fashion to the letter.

More to the point, I find it reprehensible that as soon as a guy comes on who is different or a bit quirky, the show does it's level best to hinder them rather than help them get a date. remember that large chap from Cornwall? What did they make him don on the last round? Get him in his work gear and sing "The Wheels On The Bus Go Round And Round". I'd have told ITV where to stick it, if I were them. There's that guy Jez, who wasn't a bad catch by any stretch of the means, but he owned a Kestrel and all the woman were weirded out (it's only a flipping bird!!). There was Niko, who liked making corsets, facial hair and electro-swing. they couldn't stand that either. Maybe it's an unconscious bias, but to me, there's a latent desire on behalf of the producers to mark out blokes who 'have character' as undesirable. In turn, the blokes will follow their dick rather than their brains and pick a girl who they think is hot, not one that they think would be a good date. That and they pick some absolute dick-heads! Those twins were more interested in copping off with other girls than their dates in the Gossip series'. I don't like the way the show lazily adheres to these stereotypes. It's gotten to the point where you can predict the type of guy who comes down the lift into two categories (I've mentioned it before) and it's getting very boring. While I'm here, I wouldn't want to take any sort of dating advice from Mark Wright.

Lastly, the show solely relies on producer tinkering and catchphrases now just to get laughs. I liked Lois' quips, but how many times would Paddy go to her during an episode? There were some contestants who had been on the show from the start to the very end whom I still didn't have the foggiest about?! Also how many times did you see a girl get really into a guy during the round stages only for her to buzz out for a really strange reason? Doesn't exactly help ITV dodge show-fixing rumours.

All this and Paddy's catchphrases are getting worse.

The format seems fresh and exciting in the first 2 series, but ever since Series 3, it's been going downhill. If it doesn't fix some of these by the time it comes back for a new series, it will be dead in the water for me and for the viewing public. Maybe I've dramatically over-estimated the programme and maybe it's always intended to be the lowest common denominator, but it's following the way of the X Factor. Facts is facts: ITV cannot maintain a successful TV show to save their lives in recent times. They can make them, but not keep them going.

Anything else, lulz?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by QwentyJ
A lot of things you've said probably affected this series' viewing. For one, I think brining it back at a different time of year was a mistake, thus confusing the fan-base who would have assumed it was a New Year start. Secondly, this series was a good 5/6 episodes shorter than normal. Thirdly, like you've noted, they get hold of women who are looking to pick up a glamour career or keep one going and as such aren't bothered about going on a date so long as they can get maximum tv exposure. I wonder how many of them are on some agent's books?!

The other beef I have is that like a lot of tv programming these days, the show is very, very dumbed down; even by Saturday night's TV standards. I mean, they pick some seriously shallow women. I've touched on it before, the women they choose seem to be your standard barbie doll, who wants a tall, well built, confident guy who likes a drink, has a steady (but not too flashy job) and who dresses like a One Direction extra. In turn, they pick some thick as mince guys to go on the show who care more about their own image than they do about finding someone. It doesn't set a good image for young men who believe the only way to be successful in life is to get a tan, get some muscles and become a player or for young women who get burnt by them. While I'm here, not every women will find the kind of man they promote on thse shows to be good looking. Shockingly, some women like educated men with hobbies, or men who have a natural body-shape, or men who are a bit shy or don't follow Fashion to the letter.

More to the point, I find it reprehensible that as soon as a guy comes on who is different or a bit quirky, the show does it's level best to hinder them rather than help them get a date. remember that large chap from Cornwall? What did they make him don on the last round? Get him in his work gear and sing "The Wheels On The Bus Go Round And Round". I'd have told ITV where to stick it, if I were them. There's that guy Jez, who wasn't a bad catch by any stretch of the means, but he owned a Kestrel and all the woman were weirded out (it's only a flipping bird!!). There was Niko, who liked making corsets, facial hair and electro-swing. they couldn't stand that either. Maybe it's an unconscious bias, but to me, there's a latent desire on behalf of the producers to mark out blokes who 'have character' as undesirable. In turn, the blokes will follow their dick rather than their brains and pick a girl who they think is hot, not one that they think would be a good date. That and they pick some absolute dick-heads! Those twins were more interested in copping off with other girls than their dates in the Gossip series'. I don't like the way the show lazily adheres to these stereotypes. It's gotten to the point where you can predict the type of guy who comes down the lift into two categories (I've mentioned it before) and it's getting very boring. While I'm here, I wouldn't want to take any sort of dating advice from Mark Wright.

Lastly, the show solely relies on producer tinkering and catchphrases now just to get laughs. I liked Lois' quips, but how many times would Paddy go to her during an episode? There were some contestants who had been on the show from the start to the very end whom I still didn't have the foggiest about?! Also how many times did you see a girl get really into a guy during the round stages only for her to buzz out for a really strange reason? Doesn't exactly help ITV dodge show-fixing rumours.

All this and Paddy's catchphrases are getting worse.

The format seems fresh and exciting in the first 2 series, but ever since Series 3, it's been going downhill. If it doesn't fix some of these by the time it comes back for a new series, it will be dead in the water for me and for the viewing public. Maybe I've dramatically over-estimated the programme and maybe it's always intended to be the lowest common denominator, but it's following the way of the X Factor. Facts is facts: ITV cannot maintain a successful TV show to save their lives in recent times. They can make them, but not keep them going.

Anything else, lulz?!

Lol in all fairness to the girls, the so called 'quirky' guys have all given me the creeps, particularly the eagle one. I found that bird scary and would never ever date someone who owned an eagle. There's no point in trying to like someone if you find them wierd. As for the chubby guy, i'm really particular anout health and fitness, and get repulsed when I see overweight people in general, I really can't help it. I guess it depends on what you are used to. I would have turned of my light for him straight away too. There's no point in trying to like someone one considers peculiar, it could all end in tears. Otherwise I agree with everything you said.
Reply 50
Lol in all fairness to the girls, the so called 'quirky' guys have all given me the creeps, particularly the eagle one. I found that bird scary and would never ever date someone who owned an eagle. There's no point in trying to like someone if you find them wierd. As for the chubby guy, i'm really particular anout health and fitness, and get repulsed when I see overweight people in general, I really can't help it. I guess it depends on what you are used to. I would have turned of my light for him straight away too. There's no point in trying to like someone one considers peculiar, it could all end in tears. Otherwise I agree with everything you said.

It's a trained bird! They're about as harmless to humans as a well aimed chop-stick!! I know what you're saying but clearly, whoever picked the contestants thought it would be easy to get a laugh at the expense of the poor guy being humiliated. To be honest, half of those girls would have had better dates with the black-out lads than they would have had with some of the ego-centric monsters they went to....I'm not calling it Fernandos's.....Tenerife with.
Original post by QwentyJ
It's a trained bird! They're about as harmless to humans as a well aimed chop-stick!! I know what you're saying but clearly, whoever picked the contestants thought it would be easy to get a laugh at the expense of the poor guy being humiliated. To be honest, half of those girls would have had better dates with the black-out lads than they would have had with some of the ego-centric monsters they went to....I'm not calling it Fernandos's.....Tenerife with.

It's not so much the danger associated with the animal, for me it's just weird and makes me question why someone would want to own something that looks like it should be in the wild. The same would go for a guy who owns a snake, I would find him repulsive. Even guys with obsessive hobbies like cars, I find them off putting, but it doesn't make me shallow. Just not used to them, I just prefer a plain simple guy. The corset guy was okay, and it was nice that he makes corsets, but I also would stop at the cross dressing. Why did he start wearing corsets? Also there was that guy who was obsessed with impersonations, I found him off putting, but he was fortunate that that weird Leah is the only one who left her light on. During the date she turned weird on him and ditched him, just because she was so off him. It's wrong that she did that, but that's what can go wrong if one picks the wrong date.

Not all the normal guys were self obsessed, egocentric, yes a lot of them were but not all. I remember the very good looking Essex guy who picked the ginger/red head girl next door girl. He was obviously very down to earth and not shallow, but the poor girl didn't have any confidence to actually accept that he liked her. Some silly girls at the Isle of Fernando now had their eyes on him, but it serves them right that he wasn't interested.

Yes, ITV probably does source such characters for entertainment and it's not right.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
It's not so much the danger associated with the animal, for me it's just weird and makes me question why someone would want to own something that looks like it should be in the wild. The same would go for a guy who owns a snake, I would find him repulsive. Even guys with obsessive hobbies like cars, I find them off putting, but it doesn't make me shallow. Just not used to them, I just prefer a plain simple guy.

People have been keeping birds for thousands of years! It's the same with dogs and cats only that they are more well known in collective social conciousness. I can't help but feel you're viewpoint may be a little self-defeating as pretty much everyone has a passionate hobby of some type. I, for example, really like rugby. I watch it wherever I can!

The corset guy was okay, and it was nice that he makes corsets, but I also would stop at the cross dressing. Why did he start wearing corsets? Also there was that guy who was obsessed with impersonations, I found him off putting, but he was fortunate that that weird Leah is the only one who left her light on. During the date she turned weird on him and ditched him, just because she was so off him. It's wrong that she did that, but that's what can go wrong if one picks the wrong date.

We'll never know why he wore them because he got a black-out as soon as he had said that he 'wore corsets'! That guy who did the impressions and wore those ridiculous glasses was quite strange (as was his choice of date!) but we learnt that precisely because we got to see him a second time round to find out more about him.

Not all the normal guys were self obsessed, egocentric, yes a lot of them were but not all. I remember the very good looking Essex guy who picked the ginger/red head girl next door girl. He was obviously very down to earth and not shallow, but the poor girl didn't have any confidence to actually accept that he liked her. Some silly girls at the Isle of Fernando now had their eyes on him, but it serves them right that he wasn't interested.

Yes, ITV probably does source such characters for entertainment and it's not right.

I agree, there were a lot of normal guys and I won't debate that, but the point I was trying to make was that some of the guys who were deemed as great catches by the girls turned out to be horrific; they were allowed to have their chance precisely because qualities like over-confidence/arrogance are deemed to be attractive to a lot of females. In the end, these turned out to be their downfall.
Just watching xmas special- turns out the thing this series was missing was Keith Lemon :smile:
This just reminded me that I still need to try and get my old housemate on this at some point. :lol:
Pretty sure I saw one of the douchebags from this show tonight in Amber Bar Moorgate. Can't remember his name, the mummys boy stockbroker(?) who lives in his parents mansion with pool etc.
Reply 56
Hi

Quick Reply

Latest