The Student Room Group

Gap year- how to get reference?

So do I go back to my old college to get a reference or..?
Get a reference from your old college, apply through your college so you'll need your college buzzword before you apply. Contact them :smile: the deadline is pretty soon man...
Reply 2
Yep, you can go back to your old college to get a reference and you can apply through there too (i.e. you don't need to apply as a private candidate). :smile:
i phoned UCAS and they told me i could apply privately, and get my teacher to do my reference for me :smile:

so i applied privately, requested for my teacher to write my reference, and when she's written it, she'll send it back to me, and i'll pay and send it off=p

i no longer go to that school, i'll only be sitting an exam there as a private candidate=p

i phoned UCAS twice to ask this, in lengthy conversations
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by medicine gapper
i phoned UCAS and they told me i could apply privately, and get my teacher to do my reference for me :smile:

so i applied privately, requested for my teacher to write my reference, and when she's written it, she'll send it back to me, and i'll pay and send it off=p

i no longer go to that school, i'll only be sitting an exam there as a private candidate=p

i phoned UCAS twice to ask this, in lengthy conversations

Original post by ViceVersa
Yep, you can go back to your old college to get a reference and you can apply through there too (i.e. you don't need to apply as a private candidate). :smile:

Original post by J1994D
Get a reference from your old college, apply through your college so you'll need your college buzzword before you apply. Contact them :smile: the deadline is pretty soon man...

Is there a difference between applying as a private candidate/through old college? :s-smilie:

I am planning to take a gap year this year and apply with actual grades next year. So probably I should keep in touch with one of my teachers (any teachers right? for eg: biology/chemistry teacher?) Are there anything else that I would need?

Also, do I have to mention that I am on a gap year on my PS next time?

Thank you!
Original post by Meltingice
Is there a difference between applying as a private candidate/through old college? :s-smilie:

I am planning to take a gap year this year and apply with actual grades next year. So probably I should keep in touch with one of my teachers (any teachers right? for eg: biology/chemistry teacher?) Are there anything else that I would need?

Thank you!

few lines about what you will do in your gap year in your ps.

Apply are a private candidate, but send a request to your teacher. (i asked for her contacts, she gave me them)

she gets the request, accepts it, fills the reference ,sends it back

you complete your app and send it off.

Double check with UCAS though.

i'm getting my reference writer to input my gap year too , among other things.
Original post by Meltingice

Thank you!

If you want a gap year now and be at uni next year you have to apply NOW! Apply in 2012 for 2013 start, unless you want 2 gap years...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending