The Student Room Group

Reference error

Hiya,

I have just realised that on my assignment that I handed in I have missed out 4 ref on the ref list!!!

I have ref them directly in the text using brackets and i have included the date within the brackets also however have missed them on the list itself. I have used 41 ref in my assignment but on have 37 on the list. I know it is not plagiarism as I have ref throughout the text but does anyone know if this results in an automatic fail or just loss of marks??

Thank you
Original post by Nutsedj
Hiya,

I have just realised that on my assignment that I handed in I have missed out 4 ref on the ref list!!!

I have ref them directly in the text using brackets and i have included the date within the brackets also however have missed them on the list itself. I have used 41 ref in my assignment but on have 37 on the list. I know it is not plagiarism as I have ref throughout the text but does anyone know if this results in an automatic fail or just loss of marks??

Thank you

If noticed:

You will get a score of zero for plagiarism and then you will be kicked off the course. It will serve you right for not referencing properly. :wink:

I joke of course.

Again if noticed:

You may lose some marks. If this is your first year then they might not dock marks but in the feedback mention referencing inaccuracies.

I would not worry. They might not notice it at all.

However, in future I must recommend you reference as you go to be on the safe side. You don't want to risk marks or risk accusations of plagiarism.
Reply 2
I agree, it was a rookie mistake !!!! Its a 3rd year piece of which I only need 40% but that is besides the point. As I have directly ref in the assignment text itself I hope that they do not mark it at zero however im not sure what they will do and I do tend to worry!

will have to wait and see I suppose.

Thank you
Original post by Nutsedj
I agree, it was a rookie mistake !!!! Its a 3rd year piece of which I only need 40% but that is besides the point. As I have directly ref in the assignment text itself I hope that they do not mark it at zero however im not sure what they will do and I do tend to worry!

will have to wait and see I suppose.

Thank you

Just wait and see.

If they notice you will most likely lose some marks, but they most likely wont be looking that hard at the reference list.

Good luck
Reply 4
Thank you :smile:

Its the only piece of coursework I have outstanding so fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending