The Student Room Group

Applying for different courses

Poll

Should I apply for Oxford

Hi guys,

I'm looking to apply to LSE, Warwick, Bristol and Bath for Accounting and Finance.

In the past week or so I've looked at the possibility of applying to Oxford - which before never seemed do-able, hence why its been left quite late.

I was wondering whether this is recommended and (as the courses are quite similar) whether I'd have trouble writing a personal statement relevant to both courses?

Thanks
Reply 1
Your courses are all competitive, and so all will need a PS solely focused on that subject. It's not a good idea to apply for 2 subjects, even if they are related, because by doing that you'll be harming your chances.
Reply 2
I applied for medicine, maths and computer science. And managed to get offers from all of them, so I don't think its that hard. I just wrote a personal statement that took aspects of all the courses and said why i'd be good at them.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
Your courses are all competitive, and so all will need a PS solely focused on that subject. It's not a good idea to apply for 2 subjects, even if they are related, because by doing that you'll be harming your chances.

Thanks for your help.

I'd really like a shot at applying to Oxford, but I think its just out of my reach, as you mentioned applying for 2 subjects may harm my chances. I also only currently have 3A's and a predicted A with relatively weak GCSE's, which I don't think will be enough compared to students predicted A*'s.

But then again I don't not want to give it a go, and regret not giving it a try.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
but if you.re having a half hearted go with an inappropriate personal statement then you might as well not apply at all.

Sent from my GT-S5363

Quick Reply

Latest