The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Taking gcse's any chance of LSE with current grades?

I am currently studying my gcse's and in year 11, i have my heart set on LSE because i am in awe of London and it's surroundings as well as the fact i want to do well in life, would these current grade expectations get me in.

History- A*
Maths- A*
English Lang- A
English Lit- A
Geography- A
Spanish- C
RE- A
Biology-B
Physics-B
Chemistry-B
Graphic Design-B

Plus subjects i am currently looking at choosing for a level are: Economics, History Late, Law, Government and Politcs, Crtical Thinking

Any help appreciated !
Reply 1
You'll need A-level maths for LSE.

Apart from that, your GCSEs can't be used to predict anything, really. That's a good number of GCSEs, and they're all A*-C, so they shouldn't stop you from doing anything. The A* in maths is a good sign for maths and economics (but bear in mind that A-level is a lot harder than GCSE).
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by dendodge
You'll need A-level maths for LSE.

Apart from that, your GCSEs can't be used to predict anything, really. That's a good number of GCSEs, and they're all A*-C, so they shouldn't stop you from doing anything. The A* in maths is a good sign for maths and economics (but bear in mind that A-level is a lot harder than GCSE).

Further maths or just math
Reply 3
Original post by shash17
Further maths or just math

Both would be great, but it's a lot of work and your other subjects are strong choices, so just plain maths should be fine.
Reply 4
I'd suggest not taking Critical Thinking. LSE has a blacklist of subjects and they specifically say that General Studies and Critical Thinking are excluded from any offer they make you. Maths would be a good idea, possibly in place of History.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending