The Student Room Group

Told off for spilling a coffee in a lecture room?

So today was my first ever lecture and i got a coffee in a takeaway cup in there, when the lecture ends someone knocks my coffee all over a seat in front me while getting out my and my friends ran out before anything could happen but I have the same lecture in the same room tomorrow and now worried they are going to catch me on it for not reporting it.. Has this happened to anyone before? Don't really want to get told off on my first day :s-smilie:
Original post by cherri3
So today was my first ever lecture and i got a coffee in a takeaway cup in there, when the lecture ends someone knocks my coffee all over a seat in front me while getting out my and my friends ran out before anything could happen but I have the same lecture in the same room tomorrow and now worried they are going to catch me on it for not reporting it.. Has this happened to anyone before? Don't really want to get told off on my first day :s-smilie:

I highly doubt anything will come of it! Cleaners may have had a bit of a moan but other than that I wouldn't worry :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dudleyian
I highly doubt anything will come of it! Cleaners may have had a bit of a moan but other than that I wouldn't worry :smile:

Haha thanks! I was in a pharmacy code of conduct lecture so it was a little hypocritical to run out after being told we need to own up for mistakes :/
Original post by cherri3
Haha thanks! I was in a pharmacy code of conduct lecture so it was a little hypocritical to run out after being told we need to own up for mistakes :/

Haha :biggrin: nah i'm sure you'll be fine!

There's so many students at Uni its almost impossible to identify individuals anyway!
Original post by cherri3

Well, it wasn't you, was it..?

If I have a cricket bat, and someone takes it from me and smashes a lady's teeth in, I don't get arrested.

You're innocent, my friend :smile: Don't act guilty :ninja:
Reply 5
I wouln't worry about it to be honest! Just make sure you're not in the same seat tomorrow ;D lol xx
Why did you run out? You should have walked whoever knocked your coffee over to the nearest Starbucks and demanded them buy you another Americano! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Meat is Murder
Why did you run out? You should have walked whoever knocked your coffee over to the nearest Starbucks and demanded them buy you another Americano! :biggrin:

Haha! It was practically finished anyway but my flatmate made me another one so it was all good :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by The Polymath

If I have a cricket bat, and someone takes it from me and smashes a lady's teeth in, I don't get arrested.

Very true but it still was my cup - I guess it's just sill to worry about I've done worse in 6th form.. :colondollar:
Reply 9
I wouldn't worry as its the other persons fault, I'd try and avoid coffee and take a drink with a screw top in future though as it could go over a laptop or important notes from the lecture
Original post by The Polymath

Doesn't really work in this scenario - most lecture theatres have signs on the doors that say 'no food or drink'. So it's like you taking your cricket bat onto a mental health ward which does not permit them and then saying 'but it's not my fault' when a mentally unwell person smacks a lady in the gob with it. It's your fault for bringing it in since it was your responsibility not to - you're partially to blame.

Anyway, I'm sure no one is going to be particularly arsed about a bit of spilt coffee - if they are then just apologise. If you really can't survive without coffee throughout the day then the best option is to invest in a flask (Starbucks sell their own but you can get much cheaper ones elsewhere) and get your coffee put into that instead - less chance of accidents - keep it sealed during lectures and drink it in your breaks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending