The Student Room Group

Uni's taking 200 ucas points?

Don't laugh, but need to find uni's taking 200 UCAS points who put on business courses
Reply 1
Original post by felixdale
Don't laugh, but need to find uni's taking 200 UCAS points who put on business courses

We won't laugh, but you're right, that's quite a low offer. What were your grades/predictions? Any part of business or any other preferences?

Edit: I've found this at the University of West London for 200 points, what do you think? Link

Swansea Met Link

Greenwich Link
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes I know, well from last year i'm on for a Pass, Merit, Merit in my BTEC level 3 diploma. However I could get this up. I just want to make sure I can apply to a Uni which i'm probably guaranteed to get in to. I like the look of that course tbh:smile: how're the living costs in London though?:frown:

Bucks New Uni?

http://bucks.ac.uk/courses/course/bb1buf1

It's in High Wycombe.
Reply 4
Thanks looks like a decent enough place:smile: cheers!
Reply 5
Yes I know, well from last year i'm on for a Pass, Merit, Merit in my BTEC level 3 diploma. However I could get this up. I just want to make sure I can apply to a Uni which i'm probably guaranteed to get in to. I like the look of that course tbh:smile: how're the living costs in London though?:frown:

As always there are no guarantees with applications - do you think you could get more than 200 points? The Swansea Met one was 160 I believe, so that would definitely be a safer bet. Remember you've got 5 options so you can afford to push yourself a bit (220/240?) and have a safer option (e.g. Swansea Met) Make suer that BTECs are accepted on all of these courses (they should be), otherwise an option might be to do a foundation year at a higher-ranked uni, often with entry into 1st year of a degree guaranteed afterwards.

You're right to be concerned, living costs are high in London, but there's an increase in student loan to cover this and unis will be offering scholarships and bursaries to help as well.
Reply 6
well the highest i'm likely to get is 240. Which I hopefully can achieve, I need to get myself together really.
well the highest i'm likely to get is 240. Which I hopefully can achieve, I need to get myself together really.

have a look at the uni of Wolverhampton
Reply 8
Thanks! had a look and looks like I will be going to the open day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending