The Student Room Group

neeed help about PS

Okay guys, I got CDU in my AS Levels, ive already wrote a thread about this. I have kind of come to some realisaiton that i need to really study hard this year as last year i did nothing at all, it was very stupid of me. My predicted grades are ABC. trust me this is more than possible of what i can achieve. Also im doing resits of my AS's as i was on BBC before my exams just flunked in the exams, so going to resit and hopefully do well.

Now im applying to obviously 5 universities. Ive applied for one with ABB - Kent for Mathematics and Accounting, BBB - Aberystwyth for Mathematics and Accounting, BBB - Heroit-Watt for Mathematics and Finance, BBC - Kingston for Mathematics and Business and BBC - Oxford Brookes Maths and Business.

Now, for my personal statement, would i have to write a different one for each of the different courses. Ie one for the Maths and Accounting and one for the Maths and Business or? Or could i mix them together as Accounting, Finance and Business are all similarly interlinked?

help x
(edited 11 years ago)
You can only submit one personal statement, so you'll have to combine them all into one. They're quite similar though so you'll have lots to interlink and it shouldn't be a problem :smile:
Reply 2
You can only write one personal statement per application cycle. Your subjects are pretty similar so write one personal statement combining all of them and you should be fine :smile:
Reply 3
You can only write one personal statement, so you'll have to find a way of appealing to each course through your PS. Shouldn't be too hard as they're all very similar.
Reply 4
What the 3 above said ^^^^^^^^^^ :wink:
Reply 5
Cheers guys, !
Reply 6
Also do you guys think that the University courses im applying to will give me offers. If i dont get an offer from either Kent, Aberystwyth or Heriot Watt i might take a gap year and reapply next year.
Reply 7
Also sorry for all these questions, but all the help is really appreciated! I might change the course of maths at Kent to Accounting and Management which asks for BBB.
Reply 8
I'm not sure as they will see both your AS and you predicted grades so it depends on uni to uni, try to get your application in as early as possible as it is likely to give you an edge as they often give offers as they receive them. Changing to accounting is probably the safer option but what do you want to do after university? do you want to go into accounting?
Reply 9
Original post by firebolt
I'm not sure as they will see both your AS and you predicted grades so it depends on uni to uni, try to get your application in as early as possible as it is likely to give you an edge as they often give offers as they receive them. Changing to accounting is probably the safer option but what do you want to do after university? do you want to go into accounting?

ah good idea! Um, to be fair im not entirely sure, ive been brought up to love business, but i have a huge love for mathematics, so i would definitely like to do something towards a maths degree ie maths itself or even finance and accounting. I would like to do when im older banking or accounting somewhere down that route.

Also lets say i sent my application in, in the next 2 weeks, when would i be most likely to get an offer back? i know its not exact but...
Reply 10
Original post by JackyBoy1
ah good idea! Um, to be fair im not entirely sure, ive been brought up to love business, but i have a huge love for mathematics, so i would definitely like to do something towards a maths degree ie maths itself or even finance and accounting. I would like to do when im older banking or accounting somewhere down that route.

Also lets say i sent my application in, in the next 2 weeks, when would i be most likely to get an offer back? i know its not exact but...

Again depends university to university and if they interview so best to check their websites.
Reply 11
Okay! BUMP

Quick Reply

Latest