The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bammy
I applied for Aerospace Engineering at Bristol, UWE, Brighton, Hertfordshire, and Coventry. I got an offer from UWE on the 7th, and Hertfordshire on the 9th. What have you applied for? Whatever it is, I hope you start racking in the offers

Thank you! I applied for Econs, so I expect a long wait :heh:

Original post by Noonoo
Got my first offer from my 2nd choice after Oxbridge - thrilled.......:wink:

So you didn't have to wait that long after all! :P which uni?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 101
So you didn't have to wait that long after all! :P which uni?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

well, it's been a month, but yes so thrilled. Bristol! Pleased, as loved course there.........:smile: And actually feel like maybe ps wasn't such a total f*** up after all!
Reply 102
So stressed by these applications I dreamt my Durham application was unsuccessful Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Waiting for Nottingham Trent to reply to me is driving me crazy! They're the only choice I'm waiting for!
Reply 104
After waiting a while for my reference to be finished, I can now finally start waiting some more for an offer. xD And from what I hear regarding Edinburgh it might be a while...
Reply 105
Got my welcome letter through yesterday day, and will begin the once daily checks of my e-mail / ucas page tonight haha

Applied for:

Anglia Ruskin (2 courses)
Southampton solent (2 courses)
UEL (1 course)

Fingers crossed! :s-smilie:
It's weird how crazy I'm going.. it's been 10 days.

Got an interview for me top choice today :biggrin:
Also got an interview for joint bottom, and an offer another bottom choice.
It's weird, when I got the interview today, I was happy fro like a second, then instantly got really nervous..

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but..
I got an interview from bath.. any idea what percentage of applicants get this far? cause if they interview like 90% of all applicants, it means there's a greater chance I'll get rejected after this stage.. if I'm more like the top 50% I can feel more proud :P
Original post by Noonoo
well, it's been a month, but yes so thrilled. Bristol! Pleased, as loved course there.........:smile: And actually feel like maybe ps wasn't such a total f*** up after all!

Bristol's a NICE place.. if only I could get to Bristol!
Oxbridge is very high pressure though.. not for everyone, though I'm sure you put a lot of thought into it before applying
Personally, I'd prefer to go to Bristol than oxford/cambridge
Reply 108
Original post by cleverslacker
Bristol's a NICE place.. if only I could get to Bristol!
Oxbridge is very high pressure though.. not for everyone, though I'm sure you put a lot of thought into it before applying
Personally, I'd prefer to go to Bristol than oxford/cambridge

Yeah, I'm not sure -always been but of a geek and felt at home when visited Cambridge, loved the course and that was the main factor but happy with Bristol.

good luck with interview. What you studying?
Reply 109
Original post by unclekevo
I got a letter and email last week to say my application had now been received by all universities and welcoming me to UCAS etc but have heard nothing, other people have received offers for the same university as some of my courses are at, should I take that as a bad sign? :frown:
No.
I sent my application yesterday so luckily the 'waiting for news' anxiousness hasn't really come yet. I got acknowledgements of my application from South Hampton and Oxford Brookes at past midnight last night and this morning I got my acknowledgement from Kent. Fingers crossed! Can't wait till this wait is over - even if I've just begun. Good luck to everyone else :biggrin::smile:
Just out of interest, how often are you all checking your e-mails? I feel like I'm getting obsessed!
Reply 112
Original post by myusername.
Just out of interest, how often are you all checking your e-mails? I feel like I'm getting obsessed!

About 4 times an hour. :colondollar: But its getting silly, I'm on the verge of cancelling Nottingham Trent.
I applied on Monday, and got conditional offers from Kent and Portsmouth 3 days later! I was expecting 5 rejections, so it's been a huge confidence boost, and made me really excited. Just waiting on Essex, Surrey and Winchester now!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 114
After moaning so long about having to wait for Nottingham Trent, they made me an offer! 5 offers! :smile:
Reply 115
After receiving your conditional offer, do the university send you a letter of conformation?? I have one letter from one uni, but none from others. Any help?? :smile:
I just got 2 emails from royal holloway.. the first was a confirmation of my CompSci offer, then the second was asking me to do some creative writing from my Creative Writing and English application.. a bit odd since I never applied for that course..

Original post by Noonoo
good luck with interview. What you studying?
Computer Science, and thanks :biggrin: good luck with the rest of your unis!

Original post by myusername.
About three times a day.. before ucas it was more like 3 times a week

Original post by JA1994
After moaning so long about having to wait for Nottingham Trent, they made me an offer! 5 offers! :smile:
3 unconditionals :O
Reply 117
Yup, and the conditions of the conditionals are just asking for proof of my A Level certificates. :smile:
Original post by JA1994

Congratulations!
What universities are you all waiting on?

Good luck everyone :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending