The Student Room Group

Durham medical school applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I just got assigned to durham campus, so thought it would be appropriate to follow this thread, good luck to everyone
Reply 41
Original post by slobo95
I just got assigned to durham campus, so thought it would be appropriate to follow this thread, good luck to everyone

Same to you, hope that some applicants will get interview invites tomorrow and please do mention your UKCAT scores.
Reply 42
Going to join the bandwagon and say I just got assigned to Durham too! Good luck everyone, hope we all find out if we get interviews soon!
Reply 43
Original post by Cyberboy
It is so quiet here today, any good news you would like to share. :biggrin:

I didn't break down in tears at my interview? It seemed to go alright but I can't tell if it was good enough alright or not.

I would say the tips already posted are pretty much what you need for the interview.
Reply 44
Original post by Cyberboy
Same to you, hope that some applicants will get interview invites tomorrow and please do mention your UKCAT scores.

(2740) 685
Reply 45
Original post by slobo95
(2740) 685

Hey, did you get an interview invite or were you just posting your UKCAT score? Well done if you have
Reply 46
Original post by ag2012
Hey, did you get an interview invite or were you just posting your UKCAT score? Well done if you have

nope not an interview, I'm just hoping that makes the cut off, so just posting ukcat score, what about you?
Reply 47
I had the interview today and it was really nice and friendly! They don't have your personal statement which is actually nice because it makes it more like a conversation. I met Helen Taylor (admissions tutor) and she said that Newcastle told her to only interview people with 700+ UKCAT for now (but said she was struggling to find enough people over that). So people below 700 might have a bit of a wait for an interview. :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by k1rby
I had the interview today and it was really nice and friendly! They don't have your personal statement which is actually nice because it makes it more like a conversation. I met Helen Taylor (admissions tutor) and she said that Newcastle told her to only interview people with 700+ UKCAT for now (but said she was struggling to find enough people over that). So people below 700 might have a bit of a wait for an interview. :smile:

Helen sounds like an absolute babe, I love it when admissions tutors give you relevant information, btw how was your interview? what came up?
Reply 49
Original post by slobo95
Helen sounds like an absolute babe, I love it when admissions tutors give you relevant information, btw how was your interview? what came up?

The interview went better than the Manchester one I had on Tuesday but I can't tell you anything that came up and you know that :wink:
Reply 50
Original post by slobo95
nope not an interview, I'm just hoping that makes the cut off, so just posting ukcat score, what about you?

Same score as you. That's why when I saw you post I thought maybe they lowered the cut off. Hopefully they will soon.
Reply 51
Original post by k1rby

Am I right in assuming she was indicating that the hopefully the UKCAT cut-off would drop? Just a little nervous now as i thought Newcastle/ Durham interviews would be a cert :frown:
Reply 52
Original post by ChemClues
Am I right in assuming she was indicating that the hopefully the UKCAT cut-off would drop? Just a little nervous now as i thought Newcastle/ Durham interviews would be a cert :frown:

Yeah, I think she meant just for the early interviews that'll be 700+ probably so that they know how many people are likely to be made an offer/rejection. You'll only have to wait a little longer but if you got 680+ you'll definitely get an interview :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by k1rby
Yeah, I think she meant just for the early interviews that'll be 700+ probably so that they know how many people are likely to be made an offer/rejection. You'll only have to wait a little longer but if you got 680+ you'll definitely get an interview :smile:

Hopefully, thanks for the reassurance, i suppose having interviews a little later wouldn't be so bad. At least i'd get a bit more time to prepare :redface:
Reply 54
Any suggestions on what to wear to interviews ? :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 55
Got my phone call today! So happy, but only just over a week to prepare (4th December). :biggrin: any recommendations on anything at all? I feel incredibly unprepared...
Reply 56
Original post by Emma1995
Any suggestions on what to wear to interviews ? :smile: :smile: :smile:

Just something smart that you feel comfortable wearing. I wore trousers and a jacket.

Original post by mcollin1
Got my phone call today! So happy, but only just over a week to prepare (4th December). :biggrin: any recommendations on anything at all? I feel incredibly unprepared...

Durham's interview as it says online is mainly about you so think about yourself. If that makes sense? When I had mine they were really nice so I wouldn't worry too much, if possible!

Deep breaths.
Reply 57

Congrats, what was your UKCAT score btw? :wink:
Reply 58

Congratulation! Do you mind telling us your uKCAT score please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by ag2012
Congratulation! Do you mind telling us your uKCAT score please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
VR 650
QR 680
AR 820
DA 710
average of 715

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending