The Student Room Group

UCAS Employment Section

For the UCAS employment section, it states that you should put employers down and that you CAN leave the section blank if you haven't had paid work.

I'm officially employed by a children's care playground and a hospital as a volunteer. Hence, I'm not paid, but I'm still employed by them so can I still put this under employment?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Gorea
For the UCAS employment section, it states that you should put employers down and that you CAN leave the section blank if you haven't had paid work.

I'm officially employed by a children's care playground and a hospital as a volunteer. Hence, I'm not paid, but I'm still employed by them so can I still put this under employment?

No, you only put paid employment there. Mention it in your PS if it's relevant. The employment sections isn't particularly important (if at all is) for the vast majority of degrees and applicants, so don't worry.
Reply 2
I'm applying for medicine. So I was hoping I could put the details of the volunteering I do, officially rather than just mentioning it in my personal statement. Just wondering whether it could have allowed voluntary work as well since it specifically said "can leave this section blank" rather than "must leave this section blank". If you don't do paid work.

Reply 3
Original post by Gorea
I'm applying for medicine. So I was hoping I could put the details of the volunteering I do, officially rather than just mentioning it in my personal statement. Just wondering whether it could have allowed voluntary work as well since it specifically said "can leave this section blank" rather than "must leave this section blank". If you don't do paid work.

It is strictly for paid work. If you want to highlight it properly, you may want to get your referee to make particular mention to your voluntary work, in addition to referencing it in your Personal Statement.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending