The Student Room Group

How many choices have you got on your UCAS application so far?

Poll

How many choices have you got for your UCAS application so far?

Hi, I write for The Student Room's Insight blog and I'm really interested to find out how much thought students have put into their uni applications so far. It would be great if you could fill in my poll and, if you don't mind sharing, list the uni's that you're applying to in this thread.

Cheers

K

Scroll to see replies

I've got 5 choices for my application: UEA, Bournemouth (both ABB), Hertfordshire( BBB), Brighton(BBB) and Bedfordshire (BCC), though I really want to got to either UEA or Bournemouth so I might drop some:cool:
Reply 2
K
OP
Original post by Derrick1509
I've got 5 choices for my application: UEA, Bournemouth (both ABB), Hertfordshire( BBB), Brighton(BBB) and Bedfordshire (BCC), though I really want to got to either UEA or Bournemouth so I might drop some:cool:

Ah cool, I went to Bournemouth and had Herts and Brighton on my application. What course are you looking to study?
Reply 3
I have got 5 :biggrin: I am applying for chemistry at ucl, queen marry, reading, surrey and Nottingham.
Reply 4
K
OP
Original post by opengeek
I have got 5 :biggrin: I am applying for chemistry at ucl, queen marry, reading, surrey and Nottingham.

Great, how did you make your decision of who to apply to?
Original post by K
Ah cool, I went to Bournemouth and had Herts and Brighton on my application. What course are you looking to study?

Accounting and Finance with a one-year work placement. If I go to Herts it will probably include German :P. How did you find Bournemouth?
Reply 6
You do not have a choice for

trying to narrow down from 8 or 9
Reply 7
Original post by K
Great, how did you make your decision of who to apply to?

open days and talking to people !
Reply 8
K
OP
Original post by Derrick1509
Accounting and Finance with a one-year work placement. If I go to Herts it will probably include German :P. How did you find Bournemouth?

I loved it, originally chose it more for the location as I wanted to be by the coast but the course was great too (I did Marketing). It's great that you're doing a course with a work placement, it was easily the most valuable part of my degree and I'm pretty sure it's why I got my job at TSR.

I don't know what the process is like at other unis but Bournemouth gave me lots of support to find a placement and out of the 9 people I lived with through uni we all had jobs relevant to our courses within 6 months of graduating, which is pretty rare in the middle of a recession. Good luck with making you decision and make sure to find out about the other uni's on your list, I'm sure there's plenty of people on here with good experiences from those too.
Reply 9
K
OP
Original post by TenOfThem
You do not have a choice for

trying to narrow down from 8 or 9

I haven't sorry, what are your choices? how did you get your 8 or 9?
Reply 10
K
OP
Original post by opengeek
open days and talking to people !

How many open days did you go to? Did you find them useful?
I have four choices for Physics: Lancaster, Warwick, Nottingham, Leicester and the fifth will be Liverpool or Keele. I'll decide after two open days this weekend! :smile:
Original post by K
I haven't sorry, what are your choices? how did you get your 8 or 9?

It is my daughter

Psychology

Leeds AAB really keen
Nottingham AAB really keen
Royal Holloway AAB really keen

Sussex AAB keen
UEA AAB keen

Reading AAB keen but not visited yet
Brunel AAB interested but not visited

Derby BBB going on Saturday does she need insurance
Coventry BBB going in a few weeks does she need insurance

Trouble is she messed up AS BBCD :frown: D is dropped
GCSEs 8 As and A*s 2 Bs and a C
Predictions AABB

But she is worried abut not getting offers
I have 4 uni's so far for Geography at York, Exeter's cornwall campus, Worcester and Chester. Bath Spa is also a high possibility but can't say it will be until after i have visited the open day this Saturday.
Reply 14
K
OP
Original post by TenOfThem
It is my daughter

Psychology

Leeds AAB really keen
Nottingham AAB really keen
Royal Holloway AAB really keen

Sussex AAB keen
UEA AAB keen

Reading AAB keen but not visited yet
Brunel AAB interested but not visited

Derby BBB going on Saturday does she need insurance
Coventry BBB going in a few weeks does she need insurance

Trouble is she messed up AS BBCD :frown: D is dropped
GCSEs 8 As and A*s 2 Bs and a C
Predictions AABB

But she is worried abut not getting offers

I'm afraid I'm not hugely up to date with the current application process but I wouldn't say that BBC are 'messed up' AS grades. The fact that she has predictions of AABB puts her in a good position for any of the above uni's and I'm sure that she'll get some offers, it's just a case of choosing the right 5. If it were me I'd include Derby and Coventry in the choices if she likes them so that there's an insurance choice if you need it.

Maybe
oxymoronic
can help with this as she's got much more knowledge than me about the application system.
I've just sent off my ucas,
applying for music at:
Cambridge
KCL
Manchester
Birmingham
Leeds College of Music.

I have a lot of friends who have their choices all sorted and others who still only have 1 or 2, and a few who still don't even know what kind of course they want to go for :smile:
I'm deffo applying to Exeter (cornwall campus) and Reading
Most likely applying to Cardiff and Birmingham

But stuck on the 5th option :/
Love the look of glasgow, but it's a loooonnnnngggg way away (I live down south!) and I've also looked at Royal Holloway, but again not sure!
Reply 17
K
OP
Original post by Nooshkabob
I've just sent off my ucas,
applying for music at:
Cambridge
KCL
Manchester
Birmingham
Leeds College of Music.

I have a lot of friends who have their choices all sorted and others who still only have 1 or 2, and a few who still don't even know what kind of course they want to go for :smile:

Original post by ColourDog
I'm deffo applying to Exeter (cornwall campus) and Reading
Most likely applying to Cardiff and Birmingham

But stuck on the 5th option :/
Love the look of glasgow, but it's a loooonnnnngggg way away (I live down south!) and I've also looked at Royal Holloway, but again not sure!

How did you narrow down your choices, were there always a certain group of uni's that you wanted to go to or did you just look for ones based on the course you wanted to do?
Reply 18
I have my five! Sent off my application almost two weeks ago now :eek: I have Dundee, Glasgow, Sheffield and KCL for Dentistry, and then Chemistry at Aberdeen. I only really want to go to Dundee though, oh I'm worried :redface:
Reply 19
Applied for University of Kent, UCLAN and Birmingham so far. Can't find anymore with my course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending