The Student Room Group

What should I study?

Hey,

I really need some advice in choosing what to pick to study in university next year.
My A Level subjects are History, Chemistry, Maths and a language!
I'm really confused on what to choose though. I know that I don't want to do a science based degree for sure! I'm leaning more towards a Business Managment or Anthropolgy or something else but I'm not sure what I should study based on employment rates afterwards.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Do a combined degree - means you can study multiple subjects, thus broadening your knowledge across several subjects and giving you more options :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Don't worry about it too much, I didn't decide what I applied for this term until the summer. Obviously your degree choice shouldn't be completely focused on employment rates, but business/management type degrees often have high employment rates compared to humanities, depending on which university you go to. Start by looking at the entry requirements for these courses just to make sure you have the good subjects for them etc. Try to read around the subject to see if you're really interested in these courses/ which specific parts of these course you like - you can often find recommended reading lists on university course websites which can give you a good starting point.
Any ideas on what you want to do in the future?
Reply 4
Start doing some research. Look at the course descriptions for different subjects at Universities you might consider going to. If they have module titles that seem unfamiliar, look those up on wikipedia and see which ones seem interesting to you.
Anthropology is a really awesome subject. So is Geography.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending