The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
Well they certainly don't have a bad reputation (I'm not sure where individual languages are placed on league tables or anything like that), and it's a great uni...

By the way, Language and Culture is a new course so it won't have an established reputation yet...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
When it comes to European languages (including Hebrew), none of the British unis is more divers than UCL, which offers languages ranging from Icelandic to Slovanic.
UCL was the first university in England to teach French, German and Italian so it has at least tradition on its side!
Thanks guys, anyone out there on those courses or know anyone who is or know anything aobut them?
Reply 5
I'm doing Italian as part of my ESPS course and from what I've heard it is one of the most extensive and successful in Britain.
The Modern Lang. Plus BA in Italian means that it can be combined with Latin.
I'm not sure about other languages.
Why don't you check their website/propectus for more info?
I've done that many times, so many times I have it practically memorized...What I guess I'm looking for on the forum is opinions/feedback from people who have a direct experience of languages and/or of those courses at UCL- I'm trying to choose. Thanks for your feedback Eidothea.
Reply 7
^ No problem! Actually, looking back at my thread, I got ahead of myself and made it seem I'm studying ESPS right now! :rolleyes:
Well, hopefully I'll be doing it this Sept.
If you've looked at the written info, all you need to do now is visit UCL where you can talk to actual Language students.
I'm in the USA...
Reply 9
ahhhh....a bit of a problem then......(sorry, didn't look at your location)
well, when I spoke to the languages students on one of the UCL open days they said the Lang. course is fantastic. I got to meet some of my future Spanish and Italian professors and thought they were great.
Btw, have you already applied?
Yes, and I have an interview by phone coming up next week. I'd be happy to get an offer, but then I don't have much time to choose, so I'm firing up the informal research aspect.

Latest

Trending

Trending