The Student Room Group

Any Funding for Undergraduate Study - European Students

Hey There :smile:

I'm a French Student at Northumbria University in Newcastle.
I'm in the 1st Year of a Bachelor Degree in Computing.

I receive the Tuition Fee Support from the Student Finance Services European Team which covers the whole course's cost.

I live in the UK, with my father since the summer 2011, and I've taken an Access to Higher Education course the UK for 1 year.

My father has been living and working for approximately 7 years in the UK.

I've searched but have not found any grant/funding/financial support yet, apart from the Tuition Fee, for students from Europe (non-UK) taking an undergraduate course who have been living in the UK for less than 3 years.

It'd be great if you guys could help me out :adore:

If there is something else you'd like to know, I'm up here.

Thanks
Reply 1
If you're under the age of 21, you'll be able to apply as a "child of an EU national/migrant worker.
Reply 2
Hi Spogg,

I saw that 2 days ago. I think that because I had applied through the Student Finance Services European Team, I had no choice but to to apply only for the Tuition Fee.
So I'm applying through Student Finance England as the income of my parent(s) is taken into consideration.

Thank You !
Reply 3
Excellent, yes it would be Student Finance England that you would need to apply to as a child of a migrant worker.

Best of luck with your studies!
Reply 4
God bless you Spogg :wink:
Thanks for the help.
Bye.
Reply 5
Hi one question,

My friend she is applying as a migrant worker, she was working in june and during the summer was an intern still working and now shes looking for a job and has till now not had any finance, She is an EU student, and because of this she is entitled to tuition fee right? Also as I am her partner (i am british) is she able because of that, to get further funding? as in mantainance loan and grant etcc..

Let me know thanks
Lou
Reply 6
Hey Loukelemen,

I think she may be entitled for the maintenance loans, grant if she's lived in the uk for at least 3 years.

https://www.gov.uk/browse/education/student-finance
Also, take a look at these loans, you may find one or more for which she qualifies.

Hasta luego.
Reply 7
She hasnt lived in the uk for 3 years but as a migrant worker apparently you can get finance... Without living here more than 3 years... What do u think? Shes lived here from october last year and came to work (look for work) and got a job fo 3 months then had to quit to go to an internship and then she decided to study... Now shes currently looking for work and needs te funding if not she has to leave the country... What do u think?

Lou
Original post by Revy
Hey Loukelemen,

I think she may be entitled for the maintenance loans, grant if she's lived in the uk for at least 3 years.

https://www.gov.uk/browse/education/student-finance
Also, take a look at these loans, you may find one or more for which she qualifies.

Hasta luego.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending