The Student Room Group

Help needed!

Hi!

I'm not really sure yet how this works. But I could sure need some help from UK (uni)students.

I'm 24 years old and live in Denmark - where currently I'm studying Media Science and will have my Bachelor degree next summer.

Thereafter I'm planning to come study in the UK - and what I'd really like to study, to be specific, is TV production (read not film production).

I'm tired of reading one book after another and would love to get my hands on - making documentaries etc.

So my question is - since I haven't got the time nor money to visit all the unis which google provide me info about - would some of you be so kind to tell me your insights etc. on which unis are the "best"?

Please let me know if you need more info - like I wrote in the beginning, I'm new at this!

Thank you!

- Katja
Reply 1
Yes its postgrad and I haven't got any specific preferences as to where in the U.K, if thats what you mean?
If you want to go by statistics, check just Google UK University Rankings
Reply 3
I have looked on their websites.. and so far I'm interested in several unis: Bournemouth, Chester, Birmingham, Falmouth and Salford.. They are the ones I have found which offers courses in TV production.. But as it looks now I haven't got the time or money to go visit them all.. thats why I would love to hear from students who have opinions and experiences with some of them?
Reply 4
I did my undergrad at Bournemouth in a different subject. Whilst generally it's down the academic league tables, their Media School has an excellent reputation and is home to the National Centre for Computer Animation. This status is reflected in the large number of industry-funded PhDs which have been available in that School in recent years. I can't speak from experience of your field there, but one of their graduates has just won an International Emmy for a script that she started as part of her degree coursework. It seems to give a good grounding in work-specific skills and has useful industry contacts which look like they give very good employment prospects.

The main campus as a whole is quite small but the Media School seems well-equipped. As a place to live, Bournemouth is a seaside town with some of the best beaches in the country, within spitting distance of the New Forest and the Jurassic Coast. It has good road and direct rail links to London, plus a small airport. In the unlikely event that as a Masters student you ever have time for a social life (!), the town has a range of pubs, bars, clubs, restaurants and music venues. It's possible to get to/from London events in an evening. I've been to a bigger university with a higher academic profile since, but I much preferred Bournemouth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending