The Student Room Group

Having problems with boyfriend after explaining that I'm gay...

Hi you guys, hope you are well.

Basically I've been seeing this guy for a year or so now, but only started going steady maybe 9 months ago. I was very reluctant to agreeing to getting into a relationship with him for many reasons; I wasn't attracted to him when I first started seeing him but was definitely on a rebound from a two and a half year relationship with an abusive boyfriend, which is probably why things sparked between us (which he's aware of). Also, I became really damaged from this previous relationship that I stopped taking the idea of relationships seriously, I became very open to dating and casual and no strings attached.. but also to the idea of being with women, maybe out of fear of being attacked or abused by men again, but I know for a fact that I'm becoming more and more attracted to women, and because this guy has been so good and so sweet to me, I feel like I am dating him out of guilt for hurting him and rejecting him so much in the past. I'm so bent though, I don't know what to do... I've spoken to him about this and because he's such a great guy, he doesn't get mad about it and he tries to understand my situation to the best he can. I've suggested threesomes to him, which we both would benefit from, but he's a bit traditional and isn't keen on sharing me with another woman. I don't know what to do, all I do is tell him that I love him to bits and cover up the fact that I'm struggling like hell.

Any advice given is appreciated you guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. :]
I don't think you should be covering up the fact that you're struggling with this. Whatever way you choose, it's going to hurt him anyway, so you might as well just break up with him first.
Talk to him. Make him understand the full extent of what you're going through.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Well hang on. Don't break up with him, as he said his previous relationship changed him so I think you should just give it some time see how things go and then decide on weather you love him also keep talking to him about how you feel, a relationship without secrets is a lot stronger

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending