Anyone at burton campus?! :smile:
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by chloelskinner
Hello :smile: Mine are all May, June and July too, but i start in January

I have an update, I logged a help desk query about this and the reply was that they are working on a fix for it...

In the mean time, I called Adult nursing admissions and they said that if I bring my completed crb form and ID to the SHaW reception they will check it, verify it and collect it etc...

If you try to call them, it's taking a while to get to speak to anyone as they have an event going on this week apparently...

Good Luck and if you are based at City, see in Jan :smile:
Hey it took two days me to get a reply that was last january though. I had my crb check in may so I cant comment on that all they do is read through it and sent it off so you dont need to make an appointment just go to reception and give it them as there is always someone there to read it and then they will sent it off for you :smile:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROSS-AND-WILSON-ANATOMY-AND-PHYSIOLOGY-WAUGH-11Ed-NEW-/221157903851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item337e09cdeb&_uhb=1

anybody want to buy a Ross and Wilson anatomy and physiology book I accidentally brought two! It's on the reading list we need to read so it would be very useful.
Reply 44
Hey my interview was unsuccessful they said I did not say much on the current health issues.but got an offer at BCU
Reply 45
Original post by Mutsa
Hey my interview was unsuccessful they said I did not say much on the current health issues.but got an offer at BCU

sorry to hear that, where can i find the current health issues?
Reply 46
Hey you jus type nhs/nursing current issues ,I hope this will help ,just read and understand as much information you can
Reply 47
Original post by Miss-Zulfa
sorry to hear that, where can i find the current health issues?

Mutsa, sorry you didn't get an offer....

Miss-Zulfa, I got offered a place at Wolves Uni doing Adult Nursing... At my interview I didn't just mention what was in the news, I mentioned the white paper that became the new Health and Social Care act in april this year and gave my opinion on what this might mean for nurses in the future, especially in the community. I also mentioned the behaviours and values for nursing and midwifery that the nhs commissioning board are asking for feedback/input on at the moment... My advice would be to not just check the news but also the NMC website, NHS commissioning... check out what they are doing that will impact on nursing and have an opinion that you can throw in.
Reply 48
Original post by Supawoman

Miss-Zulfa, I got offered a place at Wolves Uni doing Adult Nursing... At my interview I didn't just mention what was in the news, I mentioned the white paper that became the new Health and Social Care act in april this year and gave my opinion on what this might mean for nurses in the future, especially in the community. I also mentioned the behaviours and values for nursing and midwifery that the nhs commissioning board are asking for feedback/input on at the moment... My advice would be to not just check the news but also the NMC website, NHS commissioning... check out what they are doing that will impact on nursing and have an opinion that you can throw in.

hey thanks a lot with the advice I appreciate will also jus read through it for future use
Reply 49

thanks a lot. do you remember how many questions they asked? i hope its a quick interview.
Reply 50
Original post by Miss-Zulfa
thanks a lot. do you remember how many questions they asked? i hope its a quick interview.

My interview was 31st Oct so feels like ages ago now... my interview was about 10 mins long, I had 2 interviewers, one asked questions from an academic perspective... why nursing, what does the course cover, why this uni. The other interviewer asked questions from a nursing perspective, what do they think nursing involves, what skills do you need, what do you think nurses do different to what you did when working in care. The same interviewer then presented me with 2 scenarios... what would I do if a woman was on a bed in waiting area and was upset. What would I do if a man was angry at not being able to go home...

To be fair most of the questions were common sense type questions and providing you know why you have chosen nursing and can relate the questions back to your experience or what you know you will be perfectly fine.

Good luck with the interview.
Reply 51
Original post by chloelskinner
Anyone at burton campus?! :smile:

I am applying for sept 2013, how was your interview?
Reply 52
Hi
I'm Rachael, I had my interview last thursday,
Ive just had a conditional offer to start Adult Nursing in Sept 2013 in Walsall Campus. :biggrin:
Reply 53
Original post by rachk1980
Hi
I'm Rachael, I had my interview last thursday,
Ive just had a conditional offer to start Adult Nursing in Sept 2013 in Walsall Campus. :biggrin:

That's brill news... :biggrin:
Rachael i just saw you got a place for nursing at Walsall campus in 2013 :smile: well done! I have got a place too to do Childrens nursing. Are you staying in halls? I'm unsure of where to get halls because im based at Walsall campus but my placement is with the Wolverhampton NHS Trust. xx
Reply 55
Jus heard another interview at coventry,group interview and I hate group interview because I never got the chance to say anything because the people I was with were so so loud never gave other people a chance to talk at all.w really gutted though we had a numeracy and writing skill but I found it very unfair because even the lecture we did group interview with was focusing more on the louder students.Anyway I don't know what criteria they were looking for.
Reply 56
Original post by Mutsa
Jus heard another interview at coventry,group interview and I hate group interview because I never got the chance to say anything because the people I was with were so so loud never gave other people a chance to talk at all.w really gutted though we had a numeracy and writing skill but I found it very unfair because even the lecture we did group interview with was focusing more on the louder students.Anyway I don't know what criteria they were looking for.

Don't despair Mutsa, don't forget, loud isn't always better...
Reply 57
Original post by jessica080492w
Rachael i just saw you got a place for nursing at Walsall campus in 2013 :smile: well done! I have got a place too to do Childrens nursing. Are you staying in halls? I'm unsure of where to get halls because im based at Walsall campus but my placement is with the Wolverhampton NHS Trust. xx

Jessica, I am local to the uni so wont be in halls. Congrats at getting a place :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 58
That's brill news... :biggrin:

Thank you, so excited!! :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 59
Don't despair Mutsa, don't forget, loud isn't always better...

Hi, I guess so I will jus keep my fingers crossed:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending