The Student Room Group

I'm a prefect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqMIc72_EK8
Tell me what you think, this video is hilarious!!:biggrin:
Seen it, but the prefect guy obviously has mental problems, we usually just write a note to the teacher about them and they get detentions :')
Reply 2
"Move like it's World War Three!!!" lol
Reply 3
You can't just STAND in the corridors!:moon:

Spoiler

Reply 4
I don't like how the boys are taunting him at all, but also, if he has autism or something like that to the extent that he can't handle a situation like that without that kind of reaction, what the hell were his teachers thinking in making him a prefect? I'm not saying people with disorders like that shouldn't be allowed to be prefects, but he clearly can't handle the situation in a way that will be beneficial to everyone; he really shouldn't be a prefect.
Reply 5
Original post by madders94
I don't like how the boys are taunting him at all, but also, if he has autism or something like that to the extent that he can't handle a situation like that without that kind of reaction, what the hell were his teachers thinking in making him a prefect? I'm not saying people with disorders like that shouldn't be allowed to be prefects, but he clearly can't handle the situation in a way that will be beneficial to everyone; he really shouldn't be a prefect.

Equal Opportunities.
Reply 6
Original post by tamimi
Equal Opportunities.

Surely the welfare of the boy should come before that though? It can't heave been a healthy or pleasant experience for him :s-smilie:

Also, the safety of other students - if he was able to physically push that lad, what would he do to a much younger student?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
:lolwut: Power hungry is an understatement...I'm kind of skeptical that its real tho and not acting...

though if it is :rofl2: As someone else said he's obviously not up for being a prefect if he's able to blow like that while telling a few boys to leave a corridor.
(edited 11 years ago)
This is going viral , it's all over facebook. Absolutely hilarious :rofl: Especially when he says , ''Move like it's World War 3''. :lol: :laugh: :rofl2:

Those boys were aggravating him though so I don't think he is to blame :/
Made me really uncomfortable, as that pretty much reminds me of the way people were in my school. I remember an autistic lad getting in a proper sort of fight with a guy who'd been aggravating him with his friends (they were touching him and he didn't like it), he just lost his temper and went mental, then cried for ages after. I do feel sorry for the prefect (though obviously shouldn't have done that). Even if he wasn't autistic or anything, some people are a bit strange and lose their temper crazily.
Reply 10
Lmao what a nut job.
Reply 11
[video="youtube;rL9ihXiFAko"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko[/video]
I fail to see how this is funny. OP should realize that he is probably autistic (duhh) and get a life and move on.
I'm sort of inclined to think that this may have been a class project to make a viral video.
I was never popular enough to be a prefect :sad:
I went to this school for sixth form....the prefect is autistic and is constantly wound up by people. Good job the police have got involved. There are certain groups of people at that school who tried to make his, and everyone else's, life hell.

Kinda makes me ashamed to have gone there :/ despite it being an ok school.

First 2 sixthformers die and now this, gotta feel sorry for the new head!
The very fact the school thought it a good idea to give a student a disciplinary role is ludicrous. Unless the person is a sixth form student, I can't see how another student is ever going to pay attention to their orders. Particularly as, in my experience, the prefects are generally the less popular kids anyway. It is only ever going to generate bitterness, promote confrontation and conflict and put students in impossible situations that they shouldn't have to be dealing with. For christ's sake, there are teachers who can't control the pupils, let alone getting other pupils to try to control them.

It was irresponsible of the school to give the kid a disciplinary role, regardless of whether or not he is autistic. And, if he is autistic, it is especially cruel to him to put him in a position where he will regularly face confrontation. Even if he volunteered for the role, it is the duty of the school to act to look after their pupils, and they failed him. The school needs to seriously re-address its use of prefects.
The school has always used year 11s as prefects. It is only the head boy and girl which are from sixth form, and are voted in by staff and sixth formers.

To be fair, the school is very good with kids with learning difficulties- I used to help out in learning support. It is only a minority who bully them. On the whole most people there are respectful and caring, the school has a proper community feel. The problem is that it serves a very poor area and then many ok areas.

Then again, I didn't go there for lower school and I've heard rumours that the new head isn't amazing.
Original post by madders94
Surely the welfare of the boy should come before that though? It can't heave been a healthy or pleasant experience for him :s-smilie:

Also, the safety of other students - if he was able to physically push that lad, what would he do to a much younger student?

Our prefect applications weren't even read. Everybody who applied (95% of out year) was made a prefect.

Quick Reply

Latest