The Student Room Group

Uk cat and medicine

Are UKCAT/ BMAT tests necessary when applying to Medicine/ dentistry?? If so, can someone explain the difference between UKCAT and BMAT, please? When do apllicants for Medicine start applying for this?:confused::frown:
Original post by Studentinneed123
Are UKCAT/ BMAT tests necessary when applying to Medicine/ dentistry?? If so, can someone explain the difference between UKCAT and BMAT, please? When do apllicants for Medicine start applying for this?:confused::frown:

UKCAT is for most universities.
BMAT is for Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial and The Royal Vet College

Normally they'll do it in the month or two after AS results.
Thank you :smile: So say, I didn't do well in my AS, but then at A2 summer results, I have done well to get a medicine place, then what do I do? Would I be taking a gap year or can I still apply for Medicine in the same year? :I
Original post by Studentinneed123
Thank you :smile: So say, I didn't do well in my AS, but then at A2 summer results, I have done well to get a medicine place, then what do I do? Would I be taking a gap year or can I still apply for Medicine in the same year? :I

If you failed to get an offer even if you got the AAA in june you would ned to take a gap year and apply in the next cycle. What stage are you at in your eduation?
A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending