The Student Room Group

Predicted grades...

So for the uni course that I want to apply for I need to get BBB as A-level grade.

For my UCAS application my teachers have given me ACC (+B in EPQ) as predicted grades. Is it possible that I wont be able to get an offer if my predicted grades are lower than the uni's requirements. Because I'm sure I will get the grades but If I don't get an offer in the first place there is nothing I can do.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by CXDK
So for the uni course that I want to apply for I need to get BBB as A-level grade.

For my UCAS application my teachers have given me ACC (+B in EPQ) as predicted grades. Is it possible that I wont be able to get an offer if my predicted grades are lower than the uni's requirements. Because I'm sure I will get the grades but If I don't get an offer in the first place there is nothing I can do.

Thanks

you wil have to apply to uni's with slighty lower requirements...or apply for a foundation year. For some uni's even if they dont give you an offer but you do achieve the grades on results day you can ring them and they can consider you through clearing...but tbh its better to play it safe and at least get 3 offers then the other two can be ambitious but not impossible just in case you do achieve the grades
Reply 2
Apply to universities asking for ACC just incase- technically you are below the grades BB on 2 subjects, so its not worth the risk. You can always use clearing/adjustment if you do achieve better :smile:
Don't forget that you can always take a gap year and reapply - which really isn't the worst thing in the world if you decide to make the best of the year.
Reply 4
If you think you can get the grades, what's the reason behind the prediction, may be your AS results ? Please remember your AS results will impact your overall A level results, look at you UMS & see if they are high/low C. Your PS is very important as your predicted grades are not good, spend more time on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending