The Student Room Group

The legacy of the human race.

http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/space-probe-humanity-legacy-205/

Very interesting article. If you were to place pictures and information on a capsule to be found by other life forms after the destruction of our planet what would they be?

I would put pictures showing what we have achieved, such as our technological advancement our great civilizations and best of all our emotions the love we feel for others, the laughter we share and the cries we shed. All the things we've achieved as a race is incredible and i doubt any alien life forms would be able to grasp the sheer intensity of our fantastic legacy.
Reply 1
muh dik
Reply 2
On a serious note we should include some equations, artworks, music and literature etc to show that we weren't completely barbaric. However the artwork, music and literature would probably mean nothing to them. The equations on the other hand maybe. I'm pretty sure Stephan Hawkings said if we were ever to communicate with Aliens we would have to use maths as the first language as it would be something both races would understand.
Something similar to this has already been done. Brb while I find the article..
Reply 4
well, didn't they play will.i.am music on mars the other month from the curiosity rover?

i don't think aliens will be too impressed if these disks contain similar material.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending