The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 1
Course felt like the right balance for me with plenty of options; sports facilities which suited me..a large gym and pool; great standard accommodation which was near the university; nice green campus which wasn't too big; top notch library which I felt like I would manage to work in when I looked around; good nightlife and shopping; friendly people especially the department staff and current students; university bus service which makes travelling around much easier; close to home but not too close.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Very similar, I liked the campus, it wasnt huge and intimidating and felt really friendly with a nice atmosphere. Great setting and lots of tress and green areas made it quite calm and not to frantic. I found the library great, good accommodation and great transport links with the universities own service.
Ive put Southampton as my firm, and Sheffield as my insurance.

I decided on Soton over Sheffield mainly due to the course, however I was also attracted by:

- its close proximity to the coast
- nice distance from London
- seems to offer an active but grownup lifestyle (due to it being near the city, not a campus uni, good sports facilities, clubs)
- kind of green
- lively (sheffield seemed dull & geeky)

To be honest it didnt really stand out for me, it was more of weighing up the positives and negatives, and soton came up top
Reply 4
Medicine at Southampton. I basically preferred the Medical Course at Southampton to Sheffield- there are similar but there are differences which are significant. I'll let you find them out, I'm not going to try to sway you either way.
Reply 5
Thanks for the help guys. I see what you mean joplin, the course does seem to be slightly better so if I like the place on the open day, then I think I will put it as my firm. See you southampton people down there
Reply 6
Ive put southampton as my firm even though im not sure that the course is right for me but i liked the campus. I also felt that there would be alot of opportunities for work experience and that the job prospects would be good ( port, proximity to france etc). Also got the impression that there was always money coming in to improve facilities which i didnt get from other unis. not sure whether this is a true impression or that they just put on a great open day
Reply 7
i like southampton becos i am 99.99% an erbivore :biggrin: and it has lots of green fields around it, macca. luvvly campus.
Reply 8
absolutely nothing.
Reply 9
PQ
Random facts that make Southampton special (IMO):
It has the highest concentration of traffic lights of any city in Europe

Oh and what fun they are! You have to see it to beleive it.
There football team, maybe :wink:
Reply 11
That too, and now Theo Walcott. Woo.
Reply 12
Well im looking forward to coming to Soton ... I mean its one of the top 10 uni in UK right or am I exaggerating? ... Its got a large intl community n yeah .. I hope its the best ¬!
Reply 13
Well the Times put it at 17.. But yes top ten :smile:
Reply 14
haha ok Top 20 .. :smile:
Southampton University Officer Training Corps.

Latest

Trending

Trending