The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 1
Brunel's an alright Uni, not elite or anything, but it doesn't try to be. It's a perfectly fine place to get a degree if you like it there.

Don't know about the sports science course...
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
as someone who has just started brunel, i can say as the other poster did, its a pretty good uni, but not elitist at all, im really enjoying my time here so far.

i really think that you should be visiting a university before applying, it is the only way that you will know if you really like it or not, i set my sights on brunel (it being one of the best design unis) and here i am! show your passion off for the subject as best as you can!

i cant speak about your course, but theres some good sports facilities here, so i guess it should be okay.....
Reply 3
[INDENT]I am choosing which UNIs to apply to for 2013 entry and was wandering whether to chose Brunel, could anyone let me know what the Sports Science course is like or the UNI in general? Thank you x[/INDENT]

It's amazing for Sports Science, Usain Bolt regularly trained there prior to the Olympics (he gave the Uni a shout out when he won the 100m!)

I have a family member who goes there and she really doesn't like the social scene however... But that's completely subjective tbh!
Original post by AyWill
It's amazing for Sports Science, Usain Bolt regularly trained there prior to the Olympics (he gave the Uni a shout out when he won the 100m!)

I have a family member who goes there and she really doesn't like the social scene however... But that's completely subjective tbh!

the social scene is okay if you ask me, but its more flat parties and chilling with mates, the academy isnt great a lot of the time tbh, locos is where its at!
Reply 5
NO. We are the slum of all slummy unis. That would explain why we are number 4 in the country for History.............. :donut::donut:
Reply 6
I live in London and my PE teacher, originally from Blackburn studies in Brunel. Also, lots of people from my school go to Brunel for Sports Science course and we are an academy in sports.

you fancied creating an account just for this..

To answer the opps question accuratly, as someone who has both been to brunel, and other universities (long story)

Brunel is good.

Not great, but its good - and better in some areas, (design, history, sports, are in the top part of their catagories)

It does however have its problems, as with any inner city uni, crime is more then you would expect elsewhere..

And ofcourse there are some pretty stupid and silly students here.. but then, to be honest, there are everywhere - well maybe bar the top10, and even then, they are there.. just in smaller numbers (and usually assosiated with wealth)

By and large though, its a vibrant university, in a reasonable place (uxbridge is functional, but nothing special)

Its a good university, solid top-half uni, and if you want to study sports.. its second to only a few places, (loughborough being the exsample thatt springs to mind)

as for your articles..

Please:

http://leeds.tab.co.uk/2013/08/16/student-jailed-for-2-years-after-entering-festival-to-deal-class-a-drugs/

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=52248

https://www.google.com/search?q=oxford+student+being+stupid#q=oxford+student+arrested+drugs

- are we really going to judge a uni, on a few drugs busts now? because if so.. I guess ofxrod is a dump..
Original post by RevisionNad
Thanks, do you know much about how good it is as in, good teaching and atmosphere?

its hard to say for either:

Teaching, depends on the subject. Its very good for some, and not so great for others (like most new-ish universities)

If you let me know what subject, I may be able to give a proper answer :smile:

- as for atmostphere its ok.. not the best personally for me, but its still good..

Its very easy to get into london, so if central london is your thing, and the clubs/scene that goes with it.. then you will like it -- the campus does have a good casual relaxed atmostphere, and can be very sociable - nights out and such are a bit limmited in uxbridge, but there are some great pubs around, and a few clubs..

overal I would say its a nice place to live, not as busy and bustling as an inner-city uni, and not as quite and calm as a country uni.. its a good balanace :smile:
Reply 9
Hey, do you know if product design is taught well? I'm really excited to apply to this uni and apparently Design is taught well so I'm hoping product design is part of that :smile: thanks
Most people who do P.D in my flat seem to like it.
Reply 11
I'm new to this. I am currently doing Btec electrical engineering and i wish to do Product Design Bsc at university, i was just wondering will i get accepted and has anyone got into Product Design Bsc with a BTEC?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Create a thread rather than posting in other ones, then people are more likely to see your question.
Does anyone take an English or Theatre based course? I am interested in applying there but haven't been to see the actual uni so I'm just going from the descriptions and overviews in the prospectus.
What is the social scene like? The accommodation? The night life?
how is msc management in brunel university?
Reply 15
How is the masters in public health program?
Original post by fallen_acorns
its hard to say for either:

Teaching, depends on the subject. Its very good for some, and not so great for others (like most new-ish universities)

If you let me know what subject, I may be able to give a proper answer :smile:

- as for atmostphere its ok.. not the best personally for me, but its still good..

Its very easy to get into london, so if central london is your thing, and the clubs/scene that goes with it.. then you will like it -- the campus does have a good casual relaxed atmostphere, and can be very sociable - nights out and such are a bit limmited in uxbridge, but there are some great pubs around, and a few clubs..

overal I would say its a nice place to live, not as busy and bustling as an inner-city uni, and not as quite and calm as a country uni.. its a good balanace :smile:
Original post by Najjnaj
How is the masters in public health program?

@Najjnaj this thread is from 2012 I would suggest creating a new thread
Original post by fallen_acorns
you fancied creating an account just for this..

To answer the opps question accuratly, as someone who has both been to brunel, and other universities (long story)

Brunel is good.

Not great, but its good - and better in some areas, (design, history, sports, are in the top part of their catagories)

It does however have its problems, as with any inner city uni, crime is more then you would expect elsewhere..

And ofcourse there are some pretty stupid and silly students here.. but then, to be honest, there are everywhere - well maybe bar the top10, and even then, they are there.. just in smaller numbers (and usually assosiated with wealth)

By and large though, its a vibrant university, in a reasonable place (uxbridge is functional, but nothing special)

Its a good university, solid top-half uni, and if you want to study sports.. its second to only a few places, (loughborough being the exsample thatt springs to mind)

as for your articles..

Please:

http://leeds.tab.co.uk/2013/08/16/student-jailed-for-2-years-after-entering-festival-to-deal-class-a-drugs/

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=52248

https://www.google.com/search?q=oxford+student+being+stupid#q=oxford+student+arrested+drugs

- are we really going to judge a uni, on a few drugs busts now? because if so.. I guess ofxrod is a dump..

9 years later. Is Brunel really having higher crime rates than other universities in London now? such as universities in London? Any one knows?

Latest

Trending

Trending