Reply 60
It sure does!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 61
goldenbarnes
What?!! Seriously? Are you called Danni? Did you used to have some sort of weird obsession with Kenneth Branagh?

(if you're not, just ignore me.....)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's me!!!
(only one 'n' tho... :p:)

And danfel - wooo you know my bro! heh :biggrin:)
edit: he says hi!
Reply 62
NeverBeNormal
Hi I'm Daniel and if I get the grades I'm going to study NatSci at St.Cuthbert's which is a SOCIETY and not a COLLEGE so sucks to be you if ur not going to cuths.

Ran by students, for students....right? :smile:

Danni - how come everyone knows you? :confused:
Reply 63
dobbs
Danni - how come everyone knows you? :confused:

What can I say, I'm just popular :wink:

No, really, this never happens to me... I'm trying to think where I know goldenbarnes but I really really don't know! It's the Ken Branagh thing that's weird, I mean, everyone I know knows that... but... maybe he's someone's brother! (goldenbarnes IS a boy, right??)

Btw - Dani. ONE 'n'. Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 64
Sorry "Dani" :p:
Reply 65
dobbs
Sorry "Dani" :p:

That's better :biggrin:
Reply 66
If Cuths is a society... does that mean people from other colleges can join? Or is that a stupid question?
Reply 67
ssmoose
If Cuths is a society... does that mean people from other colleges can join? Or is that a stupid question?

hehe no, it's a college but they remain by the fact that it's a "Society" (since it was formed as a society many many years ago). There is absolutely no fundamental difference between Cuths and any other college (oooh their bar opens at midday and they're a "dual site" college"....that's it!) :rolleyes:
Reply 68
dobbs
was it like a crappy beach next to where a coal mine used to be and they got rid of all the crap there? Lots of cliffs and swampy things and stuff?

hmm, maybe i should rethink this physical geog thing....you make the fieldtrips sound so fun. though, human fieldwork always seems to involve asking grumpy people questionnaires, so even crappy beaches beat that!
Heyho!

I'm Danni,19(will be 20 when I start Durham though) and I'm going to do Sociology.I'm going to Collingwood.Er,I think I answered all the questions?

Oh yes,I'm a girl.Lol.Obviously.

EDIT:And I live near York.
Reply 70
Elliray
hmm, maybe i should rethink this physical geog thing....you make the fieldtrips sound so fun. though, human fieldwork always seems to involve asking grumpy people questionnaires, so even crappy beaches beat that!

Don't worry, at Durham everyone does both physical and human in their first year and many people swap from one to the other (which is easy to do), so if you find that you don't like the evilness of physical and want to come over to the good side of heavenly human then you can :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 71
Dobbs does put a bad light on it, him being a human geographer (if you haven't guessed :wink:) It was cold when we went, but I found it really interesting, working out how it all came to be!
Reply 72
Timothy
Dobbs does put a bad light on it, him being a human geographer (if you haven't guessed :wink:) It was cold when we went, but I found it really interesting, working out how it all came to be!

Actually, if you read my description of it, at the time I didn't mean it to sound negative at all. :p:

It is a place with a lot of cliffs and swampy bits, and is near a coal mine that used to dump all of it's crap there. That doesn't mean it's actually a bad place. I liked that morning, even if it was the morning after a very very heavy night :redface:
Reply 73
dobbs
(oooh their bar opens at midday and they're a "dual site" college"....that's it!) :rolleyes:

I think this is the bit that they're trying to hide by using the euphamism "run by students for students"
Reply 74
cobra
I think this is the bit that they're trying to hide by using the euphamism "run by students for students"

I just used that quote before as I still think it's funny how their President isn't a student, hehe :biggrin:
Reply 75
what times are other colleges bars open (I don't expect a list, just general times and specifically Mary's one) and you can go to other collegfe bars I take it and still enjoy cheap drinks?
Reply 76
ssmoose
what times are other colleges bars open (I don't expect a list, just general times and specifically Mary's one) and you can go to other collegfe bars I take it and still enjoy subsidised drinks?

Most generally open between 7pm-8pm and close between 11pm-midnight (earlier on Sundays)

And yeah you can go to other college bars, though on event nights they may be closed to "outsiders" and also generally the Bailey bars (except Cuths) are sometimes arsey and just go "Nah no-one who isn't at this college tonight". Nice! :rolleyes:
Reply 77
dobbs
Most generally open between 7pm-8pm and close between 11pm-midnight (earlier on Sundays)

And yeah you can go to other college bars, though on event nights they may be closed to "outsiders" and also generally the Bailey bars (except Cuths) are sometimes arsey and just go "Nah no-one who isn't at this college tonight". Nice! :rolleyes:

aw thats not v welcoming! :p:
Reply 78
sidekick
aw thats not v welcoming! :p:

Generally mostly get it from Castle and Hatfield weirdly enough! :rolleyes:
Reply 79
dobbs
Generally mostly get it from Castle and Hatfield weirdly enough! :rolleyes:

pah.

Grrrr why is goldenbarnes never around when needed?? I want to know how he knows meeeee...

Latest