The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I wouldn't quite like to be unemployed because my pay is too high! :smile:

I'm very female :p: so I'm holding an offer from Cambridge already, not applying next year.
Reply 181
Haha I doubt that'll happen. :p:
Reply 182
jspuz
I wouldn't quite like to be unemployed because my pay is too high! :smile:

I'm very female :p: so I'm holding an offer from Cambridge already, not applying next year.

You DO know I was kidding for the first point right...you would surely be in huge demand, without a doubt.

Take the leap forward and go to Cambridge. It will be an amazing experience.

Which college did you choose? And in the first place, why Cambridge instead of Oxford?
Reply 183
I applied Open thanks to some very bad advice from the teacher-in-charge :mad: . I was allocated to Girton, and while the (great) distance annoys me a fair bit, I guess I could take the opportunity to lose some weight. I was lucky enough not to be put in an all girls college, so I'm counting my blessings. Only in Cambridge do people whine about 15 minutes travelling time. :biggrin:

Actually, I never ever thought of Cambridge vs. Oxford. It was automatically Cambridge for me!
Reply 184
jspuz
I applied Open thanks to some very bad advice from the teacher-in-charge :mad: . I was allocated to Girton, and while the (great) distance annoys me a fair bit, I guess I could take the opportunity to lose some weight. I was lucky enough not to be put in an all girls college, so I'm counting my blessings. Only in Cambridge do people whine about 15 minutes travelling time. :biggrin:

Actually, I never ever thought of Cambridge vs. Oxford. It was automatically Cambridge for me!

Which school are you from, btw?
Reply 185
Knogle
Which school are you from, btw?

RJC.
Reply 186
jspuz
RJC.

Haha thought so, but I didn't want to post else I'd be accused of generalising. :p: Are you working now or just bumming around? =)
Reply 187
jspuz

Odd, because it would be quite the contrary for most people I'd think! I do know of someone else heading to Girton actualy! A pity I can't remember offhand now.

Also, I doubt Cambridge has any all-girls College, do they? Oxford has one but I don't think they've got one at Cambridge. Which College would that be?
Lucy Cavendish I think. And 2 more, but I can't remember which.

Hi jspuz! I'll be going up to cam this year too! So I'll probably see you (at one of the cumsa gatherings here, if not there) :smile:
Reply 189
life_rockz
Lucy Cavendish I think. And 2 more, but I can't remember which.

Hi jspuz! I'll be going up to cam this year too! So I'll probably see you (at one of the cumsa gatherings here, if not there) :smile:

newnham and newhall.

bookout! me unit made me take leave so it's off till next monday. yay.
Reply 190
Nutter
Odd, because it would be quite the contrary for most people I'd think! I do know of someone else heading to Girton actualy! A pity I can't remember offhand now.

Also, I doubt Cambridge has any all-girls College, do they? Oxford has one but I don't think they've got one at Cambridge. Which College would that be?

People are just automatically biased against Cambridge for Law on the unfounded myth that it's worse than Oxf! Just like we think the Cantabs are better at the sciences that the Oxonians.
Reply 191
soonalvin
People are just automatically biased against Cambridge for Law on the unfounded myth that it's worse than Oxf! Just like we think the Cantabs are better at the sciences that the Oxonians.

I agree the general perception is that Ox Law is a more prestigious course, which is exactly why I had pointed out earlier that it was odd that she had never thought about Oxford.
Reply 192
Congrats all those who got their desried course at nus.

I did not receive an offer for Law n Econs DDP. :frown:
Oh well...
Reply 193
feanor_telamon
Congrats all those who got their desried course at nus.

I did not receive an offer for Law n Econs DDP. :frown:
Oh well...

Sorry to hear. :/ Which course were you admitted to?
Reply 194
I never knew which Law course was "more prestigious" when applying, so it's more of a matter of ignorance I guess. :p: But I always wanted to go to Cambridge for some unknown reason; never really thought about Oxford. As it is, I'm pretty relieved I didn't apply for Oxford because they put so much weight on the LNAT, and from someone who forgot to take the LNAT until mid December (deadline was actually early November) and was still given a shot at Cambridge - yes, it was a pretty lucky choice. :biggrin:
Reply 195
Knogle
Sorry to hear. :/ Which course were you admitted to?

Law. I didn't get the double degree.

But I'll appeal for a course change. Doing law in singapore wont be of much use to me since I wont be able to practise in India and from what I agther non citizen lawyers aren't the most favoured of the lot. With econs, I could have still tried for ibanking or soemthing like that. I'll try for Science. Get maths, and stream to Quantitative Finance in my second year.
Reply 196
feanor_telamon
Law. I didn't get the double degree.

But I'll appeal for a course change. Doing law in singapore wont be of much use to me since I wont be able to practise in India and from what I agther non citizen lawyers aren't the most favoured of the lot. With econs, I could have still tried for ibanking or soemthing like that. I'll try for Science. Get maths, and stream to Quantitative Finance in my second year.

Well good luck with that. Law is still a fantastic option seriously. It's only recently that they introduced the DDPs at NUS anyway.
Reply 197
Heh, just got an invitation from NUS Law Faculty to attend yet another crummy tea session...

Blame my father, he doesn't want me to relinquish my place in NUS Law until I get my confirmed accommodation offer from Nottingham...

Hopefully that arrives within the next few weeks. I would hate to deprive someone else who actually wants to go to NUS Law...

Probably won't go for the tea session though, last year, it was just a gaggle of professors trying to convince me personally to come to NUS instead of Notts... I soo don't need to go through that again this year.
Reply 198
free tea! yumyum.
Reply 199
Probably won't go for the tea session though, last year, it was just a gaggle of professors trying to convince me personally to come to NUS instead of Notts... I soo don't need to go through that again this year.
:rofl: I heard it was a pretty big flop last year! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest