The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
It just seemed a little out of place, that's all. :p:
Reply 241
WQtRiggEr
Haha, Anderson.

Aah, the place where nothing pure and innocent can pass through unscathed. Good luck.
Reply 242
feanor_telamon
Aah, the place where nothing pure and innocent can pass through unscathed. Good luck.

I thought that was CJ. :p:
Reply 243
Knogle
I thought that was CJ. :p:

Haha. I meant in a different way.

Seriously, AJ's not a bad place, its plain average.
*mutters*stupid football*mutter mutter*22 full grown men chasing after ONE ball you'd think with all that cash they'd think to buy their OWN*mutter*and now no one wants to go for a movie tomorrow morning cuz they'll be up all night watching said 22 morons run around a field*mutter mutter*

Bah.
Reply 245
life_rockz
*mutters*stupid football*mutter mutter*22 full grown men chasing after ONE ball you'd think with all that cash they'd think to buy their OWN*mutter*and now no one wants to go for a movie tomorrow morning cuz they'll be up all night watching said 22 morons run around a field*mutter mutter*

Bah.

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” -Bill Cosby

:cool:
Reply 246
life_rockz

Bah.

Rules for women during the World Cup. :biggrin:
Reply 247
WQtRiggEr
Haha, Anderson. But I was from the yellow-shirted red-shorts chinese school!

so was i.
Reply 248
Did you guys know that there's a Singaporean referee in the World Cup this year? He's called Shamsul Maidin.
Reply 249
Shickles
Did you guys know that there's a Singaporean referee in the World Cup this year? He's called Shamsul Maidin.

Yep. =] Any idea which match he's refereeing though?
Reply 250
Excuse my ignorance but what's NS?
Reply 251
Dimez
Excuse my ignorance but what's NS?

NS = National Service.

Basically, conscription.
Reply 252
Is it mandatory? And what does it entail?
Reply 253
Dimez
Is it mandatory? And what does it entail?

Yep it's mandatory for all medically-eligible (i.e. 99.99% of the population, or something like that -- only people who are missing multiple limbs or are suffering from a very extreme disease will ever be excused) males.

Most of us go into the armed forces (i.e. navy/airforce/army), but a small percentage are drafted into the civil defence force (i.e. fire brigade) or the police force.

Within the armed forces, we each have our own vocations. We're sent to various training schools, given various appointments/ranks, and all that jazz.
Reply 254
Knogle
Yep it's mandatory for all medically-eligible (i.e. 99.99% of the population, or something like that -- only people who are missing multiple limbs or are suffering from a very extreme disease will ever be excused) males.

Most of us go into the armed forces (i.e. navy/airforce/army), but a small percentage are drafted into the civil defence force (i.e. fire brigade) or the police force.

Within the armed forces, we each have our own vocations. We're sent to various training schools, given various appointments/ranks, and all that jazz.

one word: saikang.
Reply 255
soonalvin

:rofl:

I was just elaborating. :p:
I think NS is good for you boys :p:
Reply 257
life_rockz

I think it's good too... but 2 years is too long. :grr:

I'm sure 10 years down the road, they would have reduced the MTE to 1.5 years or so... with all this '3G army' stuff they're propagating. :wink:
Reply 258
life_rockz

no it ain't.
conscription is a trangression of human rights.
diktat i say! a bloody diktat! :mad:
Reply 259
Knogle
Yep. =] Any idea which match he's refereeing though?

Haha he just refereed the match between Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago. He gave out the first red card of the tournament.

It's Singapore 1 The rest of the world 0 hahaha.
Goal 2010, bahhh. This is the closest we'll ever get to be in the World Cup. Maybe he might even be refereeing the Final!

soonalvin

Haha I heard all(almost) NSFs have to be involved in some way or another during NDP time. Marshalling/Ushering, packing of goodie bags etc. And the girls think the goodie bags are packed by some magical force.

Quick Reply

Latest