The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamandcheese
ah right okay, thats good! yeah my conditions explicitly state a IELTS score that I need to get so I think I probably should just take it anyway. pretty free now that jc life is over so no harm I guess :smile:

Hey, so if my offer is unconditional already, does it mean that i don't need ielts?

Thanks!
Reply 3141
Original post by iamlovinit05
Hey, so if my offer is unconditional already, does it mean that i don't need ielts?

Thanks!

Yes i believe so.
Reply 3142

Thanks!

Maybe u could email your uni admission office to double confirm with them..
mine was conditional with the requirement of ielts, once i send it in, then unconditional.

i think if they needed it, they would have asked for it before giving u unconditional?
Original post by jonobebe
Maybe u could email your uni admission office to double confirm with them..
mine was conditional with the requirement of ielts, once i send it in, then unconditional.

i think if they needed it, they would have asked for it before giving u unconditional?

Maybe i'll just firm it and go there. If they ask for Ielts, i'll just say i wasnt told to do it? Don't think they'd kick me out cuz of something so stupid like that haha
Reply 3144
Maybe i'll just firm it and go there. If they ask for Ielts, i'll just say i wasnt told to do it? Don't think they'd kick me out cuz of something so stupid like that haha

u want to double check with them first?

imo, ielts isnt that difficult nor takes up alot of time. i dint study or prepare for it. the $310 is a little hard to part though...
Reply 3145

haha if you're worried, take a screenshot.

anyway, that time Bristol offered me conditional for econs, asking me to take IELTS and obtain a certain score. I email them saying that english is already my first language and wanted them to clarify the need to take the test.

they didnt reply my email but they changed my offer to unconditional.
u want to double check with them first?

imo, ielts isnt that difficult nor takes up alot of time. i dint study or prepare for it. the $310 is a little hard to part though...

Its not the difficulty, its more of the hassle. Besides, i did my high school in Australia which is considered an "English" country so i hope its alright!
hey don't be so negative, at least u work and earn some money. :smile:

i hope the package will hurry up!!! at least before mid april! but i was looking through some other uni threads and there's this uni with a tongue-twisting name say that they are still printing the items in the package. i think they mentioned that the booklets will arrive in latemarch/earlyapril, and get to students by few weeks...

Hopefully it'll come this month! My mum keeps asking me if I've received it! HAHA! I think she's more excited than me ^^

I see that the uni I'm going to is a participating uni in the exhibition! I remember going for something similar two years back. Maybe I should go for this one for fun.
Reply 3148
Original post by whitelily29
Hopefully it'll come this month! My mum keeps asking me if I've received it! HAHA! I think she's more excited than me ^^

I see that the uni I'm going to is a participating uni in the exhibition! I remember going for something similar two years back. Maybe I should go for this one for fun.

I am checking the letter box everyday! my parents are more concerned about accomdation, worrying that i might not get a room near campus. other than that, its the deadline for deposit.

i went for the exhibition last year. was quite disappointed as there's only one uni (for my course) which sent their admissions rep there. although its not my choice, but the rep gave alot of useful advices.

which uni are you headed to! the 18th march exhibition?
Who else's going for the exhibition? Is it worthwhile to go or would it be a waste of time?
Reply 3151
Who else's going for the exhibition? Is it worthwhile to go or would it be a waste of time?

From what i saw last year, Manchester actually sent 2-3 reps down to the exhibition. i guess its worthwhile to go if u want to speak to the reps or get the info booklets about the uni. other than that, nothing much imo.
I am checking the letter box everyday! my parents are more concerned about accomdation, worrying that i might not get a room near campus. other than that, its the deadline for deposit.

i went for the exhibition last year. was quite disappointed as there's only one uni (for my course) which sent their admissions rep there. although its not my choice, but the rep gave alot of useful advices.

^^ True, my parents really want me to find a good hostel so that I can get to know more people. They don't want me to be alone. HAHAA!

Is it? Hmm.. Maybe, but looks like they require registration and I can't remember which email I've used to register before..
Original post by hamandcheese
which uni are you headed to! the 18th march exhibition?

UCL school of pharmacy, how about you?

Yeah, the exhibition seems informative!
Reply 3154
Maybe all of us should meet up and say hi at the exhibition! I guess I am the only one here dearly waiting for 3 more schools to get back to me. :frown:
From what i saw last year, Manchester actually sent 2-3 reps down to the exhibition. i guess its worthwhile to go if u want to speak to the reps or get the info booklets about the uni. other than that, nothing much imo.

I see, Thats cool. I can't seem to firm my choice till I'm convinced that a Finance and Econs degree from Manchester will benefit me more then my current offer of Business Admin from NUS. Cost-wise, it's so much more! haa
Reply 3156
^^ True, my parents really want me to find a good hostel so that I can get to know more people. They don't want me to be alone. HAHAA!

Is it? Hmm.. Maybe, but looks like they require registration and I can't remember which email I've used to register before..

maybe just create a new one?
UCL school of pharmacy, how about you?

Yeah, the exhibition seems informative!

oh cooool! UCL seems like an amazing place to be, my seniors there are loving it!
I'll be headed to glasgow to do med :smile:
Reply 3158
Original post by mrlemontea
Woah i didn't know here got kopitiam! anyone going lse?? and those that just got their alevels results ytd haha hope you guys are happy with your results!

hey man confirm firming lse? not giving ucl any consideration ah? :biggrin:
Hello, guys, can you all give me advice on this?....NUS life science or UCL biological sciences?.....Got offers from both universities, but still considering if a UK cert holders will find it difficult to find a job back in Singapore, esp. those science-related job.

Quick Reply

Latest