The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Original post by ofssinfoxes
Thanks for the kind explanations. I haven't "received" my CAS (does it come via post?), but my school sent me an email with the CAS number, as well as a few other details they said I might need to apply for the visa. Thing is, I had recently gotten a new passport, and I did update my university (although no scanned images... just typed up the information), but the email I received does not contain my passport information. Hence, I cannot check whether my university has updated my passport information prior to drafting this CAS, or I will need this "sponsor's note":s-smilie:

Either way, does this "sponsor's note" come through post?

Both sponsor's note and cas dont come through post, unless u request for it.
Mine came by email then i ask them for hardcopy. But i dint request hardcopy for sponsors note.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
HELLO!!!

Joining in the Singapore crowd yea!

Does anyone know when are the vacation periods in UK for international students to go home? Or should I say, when is the best time to go home?

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 3482
Original post by polar88
Hey guys, i have received my CAS number from my uni but the information a bit wrong. The sequence of my name is different from my passport. E.g my full name on passport is Tan Ah Beng but when i apply ucas because of the first name and last name thingy it becomes Ah Beng Tan, therefore they put in my CAS information name as Ah Beng Tan.....but does it matter? will it affect my visa application if i leave as it is?

Lastly can i confirm that due to singapore being a low risk country we do not need to bring supporting documents for our visa interview? as according to the link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/evidence/

Thanks!

In western context, our surname is reflected as their last name (family name) and our given name is reflected as their first name. Therefore you will see it as Ah Beng Tan.

You don't have to show them but it is good to have them. They MAY request you to present the evidence when you collect your passport. Nevertheless, you should have the required maintenance fee in your bank for consecutive 28days.
Original post by fluffypillow
HELLO!!!

Does anyone know when are the vacation periods in UK for international students to go home? Or should I say, when is the best time to go home?

Hey there, I would say summer vacation. Which is June to august, if I'm not wrong. Not too sure about the winter vacations though...

Btw which uni are you going to?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jonobebe
Both sponsor's note and cas dont come through post, unless u request for it.
Mine came by email then i ask them for hardcopy. But i dint request hardcopy for sponsors note.

Hey there,

must the CAS be in hardcopy form to apply for VISA? I get a feeling my school will send it through Email...
Original post by fluffypillow
HELLO!!!

Hey!
Most of my friends were back during the Summer break which starts from June till Sept (that's when you will start your 2nd year).
It's a long break so i reckoned that would be the best time to come back...:wink:
Reply 3486
Original post by pandapower
Hey there,

must the CAS be in hardcopy form to apply for VISA? I get a feeling my school will send it through Email...

I wouldn't say MUST, because i have not been to the appointment yet. But i told my uni to send me the hardcopy as i feel it would be safer that way. if u want the hardcopy, i guess its better to ask now as u won't know how they will send it by. I'm lucky as they send it by DHL (dint expect it) and it reach me in just 3 days. Other mails are by normal post, so it will reach u in about 2 weeks(?) i think...

i think so far only kenryou have been to the appointment, so u might want to ask him.
Original post by kenryou
In western context, our surname is reflected as their last name (family name) and our given name is reflected as their first name. Therefore you will see it as Ah Beng Tan.

You don't have to show them but it is good to have them. They MAY request you to present the evidence when you collect your passport. Nevertheless, you should have the required maintenance fee in your bank for consecutive 28days.

I'm looking through the UKBA site..... how did you manage this?

"a court document naming your legal guardian."
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3488
Original post by ofssinfoxes
I'm looking through the UKBA site..... how did you manage this?

"a court document naming your legal guardian."

Your birth certificate? Unless you are adopted, you would have legal court documents, therefore you will have to ask your guardian for it.
Reply 3489
Hey there,

Yes, ALL DOCUMENTS must be in hard copies.
Original post by kenryou
Yes, ALL DOCUMENTS must be in hard copies.

Can we print the email from the university? Or do we need an official letter?
Reply 3491
Original post by iamlovinit05
Can we print the email from the university? Or do we need an official letter?

Yes, you can print it from email. Normally the format of the email will be an official email so they save the trouble and time to post the letter to you.
Original post by kenryou
Yes, you can print it from email. Normally the format of the email will be an official email so they save the trouble and time to post the letter to you.

Awesome then. For the bank and next-of-kin letter, the bank should have the format available already right?
Original post by iamlovinit05
Awesome then. For the bank and next-of-kin letter, the bank should have the format available already right?

hm, my mum went to POSB and got the bank statement, using the standard template they offered. But it costed $21 admin charge, which is wtf man for just printing a piece of paper.

For the Next of Kin proof, can we use our birth certs? Our parents' names is on it..
Reply 3494
hey people, is the bank statement really compulsory???

i thought we as a country of low risk, they don't require that??

***EDIT***
I just called them up. If differentiation rule applies to u, u dont need to provide bank statement.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3495

***EDIT***
I just called them up. If differentiation rule applies to u, u dont need to provide bank statement.

yup this is right! I called them yesterday and they said the same thing.
Reply 3496
Original post by ash911
yup this is right! I called them yesterday and they said the same thing.

Scare me siah... I thought need then my appointment tomorrow somemore, i was running around like a mad hamster just now!

***EDIT***

Differentiation rule? haha.
Reply 3498
Differentiation rule? haha.

u dint see wrongly... u should laugh at me running around like a mad hamster instead.. haha
Reply 3499
Haha at this point of time it is nice to be a singaporean( low-risk mah, save a lot of hassle)

So here are the following things that i have gathered that we need to bring for visa appointment
-Passport
-Passport Photo
-the print out online application form
-Appendix 8 Form

Did i miss anything else from the list?

Quick Reply