The Student Room Group

How do I do my " Time Management" ?

I have recently started my A2 German, AS Psychology, Sport BTEC work and GCSE maths higher tire revision and english GCSE course work resit.

I am all over the place and everything is a little bit new for me and I do not know how to manage my time for homework, revision, Gym, work and leisure time.

I recently registered in TSR and found out that here are quite nice people around and very helpful information.

Ps. How much do you guys revise a day and when do you take breaks in between and for how long. I found when I started revising I start getting tired and sleep during the day which causes me to stay up at nights very late and come late to school. I would do everything in order to became an A student :colondollar:

Anyone help, is super greatly appreciated.

Harold :smile:
Reply 1
Make a timetable? Some people find this useful... as long as you stick to it!

Or download 'My Study Plan' (I think it's called) on apple store for iPod/ iPhone, where you can type in your free time, what you do with your time, your priorities, exam dates, etc, and it makes a time table for you. :smile:

Don't sleep through the day! Your best time to revise should usually be around 4ish onwards! Have energy drinks instead, that's what I do. :biggrin:

As for how long I revise, usually (once revision period kicks in) between about 5-8ish (then more and more as exams get closer). I smoke, so my breaks are frequent but short, like I'll have a cig and coffee every half an hour or so for about 5 minutes. I think this works better, because then I don't give myself enough time to stray away and procrastinate somewhere else haha. But some people have like a 20 minute break every hour or so. Depends how long you can keep motivated and concentrated. I know, time it! Sit and revise, and see how long it takes you to lose focus, then when you do, go for a small break, and eventually you'll just get used to that.

And make a check list! Like put each chapter/ section/ whatever on a piece of paper (e.g. psychology might be 1. research methods, 2. validity and reliability of research methods, 3. statistics, 4. ethics etc), then decide which you want to do in your allocated amount of time, like say "I must finish research methods by 8 o'clock! And if I don't, I will fail all my exams..." then you feel you have to, and when you get it checked off the list, you feel like you're actually making progress, which definitely makes me more motivated. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending