The Student Room Group

Would this put guys off?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Because I don't really want to be single anymore, I last dated someone (for like two or three dates) a year or so ago, and I get pretty lonely these days. I'm in a new city for grad school as well, so it's a pretty good time to find a boyfriend (and enjoy my last year of official studenthood). And also, because again, cousins laughed themselves sick. Apparently 'tis a crime. I figured guys probably found it repellant as well or else why would they laugh? But yeah, it's a bit personal to talk about with anyone other than anonymous strangers on the internet.

it's human nature to look for long term relationships.

it's the best thing in the world. but if you are desperate for it, it can be the worst. you should fall for a guy because he is right for you, and not because you only need a guy.

because he's the guy you should deserve, but not the one you need..

so you'll hunt him, because he can take it

because he's not another douche bag

he's your silent garduian, you're watchful protector

your dark khnight
There's a lot to be said for females, many of us even cook! I am such a one. The stove and I, we are like sisters.:proud:

omg O.O

you're a virgin, and you can cook ?

this is even real life?

iz9a2a.jpg
Reply 22
Original post by medicine gapper
it's human nature to look for long term relationships.

it's the best thing in the world. but if you are desperate for it, it can be the worst. you should fall for a guy because he is right for you, and not because you only need a guy.

because he's the guy you should deserve, but not the one you need..

so you'll hunt him, because he can take it

because he's not another douche bag

he's your silent garduian, you're watchful protector

your dark khnight

omg O.O

you're a virgin, and you can cook ?

this is even real life?

iz9a2a.jpg

:eek: I see whatcha did there.... Clever! And quite nice (I am a girl. I am sentimental. It is just nature.)

Also. I am a Christian Bale fan.

Baby, I was born this way.

lol - I like to think I'd make a decent girlfriend, and I do get that bit about waiting for the chosen one, it's just a little scary sometimes to be seeing your friends all settling down and you're the odd one out. And of course, those wonderful cousins...
Reply 23
Because I don't really want to be single anymore, I last dated someone (for like two or three dates) a year or so ago, and I get pretty lonely these days. I'm in a new city for grad school as well, so it's a pretty good time to find a boyfriend (and enjoy my last year of official studenthood). And also, because again, cousins laughed themselves sick. Apparently 'tis a crime. I figured guys probably found it repellant as well or else why would they laugh? But yeah, it's a bit personal to talk about with anyone other than anonymous strangers on the internet.

I'm in a new country for grad school and moved to another country prior to that for work. After this I will most likely move to another country - so you can always just use that as an excuse for your lack of a boyfriend if your cousins laugh.

I have never been on a date in my life and my mother laughs at me too, but I just ignore her. Likewise, you can just ignore your cousins, no?

'Guys' are not a homogeneous group in terms of their thoughts and opinions so some will probably find it repellent and others probably will not.

If you really wish to find a boyfriend then you should locate men who you find interesting and ask them if they would like to be your boyfriend. Keep doing this until one agrees.
:eek: I see whatcha did there.... Clever! And quite nice (I am a girl. I am sentimental. It is just nature.)

Also. I am a Christian Bale fan.

Baby, I was born this way.

lol - I like to think I'd make a decent girlfriend, and I do get that bit about waiting for the chosen one, it's just a little scary sometimes to be seeing your friends all settling down and you're the odd one out. And of course, those wonderful cousins...

i am impressed you got the link to batman.

are you even sure you're a girl ? O.o

ignore your cousins. do what you feel is best, irrespective of pressures put on you.

yes, everyone wants stability, and to settle down. the guy you'll settle with, should be long term. so be careful in who you pick

as for the 'chosen one'. The one who see's enough in you to want to commit his life to you.

a virgin who cooks, and also likes batman and guy films.

what is this sorcery
Original post by effofex
I'm in a new country for grad school and moved to another country prior to that for work. After this I will most likely move to another country - so you can always just use that as an excuse for your lack of a boyfriend if your cousins laugh.

I have never been on a date in my life and my mother laughs at me too, but I just ignore her. Likewise, you can just ignore your cousins, no?

'Guys' are not a homogeneous group in terms of their thoughts and opinions so some will probably find it repellent and others probably will not.

If you really wish to find a boyfriend then you should locate men who you find interesting and ask them if they would like to be your boyfriend. Keep doing this until one agrees.

lmfao.

'hi, i have selected you as one of my potential boyfriends. do you wish to continue with my selection process?'

no ? on to the next then
Reply 26
A great man wouldn't judge you on any of that. If somebody does judge you on it, they are not worthy of what sounds like a really nice girl.
Reply 27
i am impressed you got the link to batman.

are you even sure you're a girl ? O.o

ignore your cousins. do what you feel is best, irrespective of pressures put on you.

yes, everyone wants stability, and to settle down. the guy you'll settle with, should be long term. so be careful in who you pick

as for the 'chosen one'. The one who see's enough in you to want to commit his life to you.

a virgin who cooks, and also likes batman and guy films.

what is this sorcery

Do other girls not like Batman? I like all of them except the old 60s ones (cheesy) LOVE the new trilogy of course, and found the one with George Clooney hilarious. I assumed everyone liked it... this may be why the cousins laughed in the first place. It's okay though, most of them are preggers now (actually, one's heading for her third and one's sort of... off these days).

I just worried that they might have actually been right about something for once (although I now see that that is not the case- which for some reason kind of surprises me, but I'm quite pleased actually. :biggrin: )
More guys would prefer girls to be like this, at least that's what I'd prefer :smile:
Reply 29
I don't see a problem here OP :pierre:
I'm 22 and I've never had a serious boyfriend. I'm still a virgin as well (I'm a girl). I've been on quite a few dates in the past with different people (not at the same time or anything) but none of them ever really seemed to click. I've even made out with guys and that, but it just never was the right guy. Now I'm worried that if by some miracle I do find a guy I want to be in a serious relationship with, he'd probably be put off by me being a virgin at this age (and not having had a serious boyfriend before). Is that likely? I'm not ugly or anything, I just have a really hard time letting guys know how I feel (am quite shy), and I'm really worried that I'll never find anyone. Any advise or anything?

I'm 22 years old, male. Exact same position as you. You pretty much described my life. I think that girls find it more of a turn off than guys, to be honest. It's got to the stage now where I'm worried that girls will make fun of me, so I've stopped approaching them altogether. It's not good.
Reply 31
I'm 22 years old, male. Exact same position as you. You pretty much described my life. I think that girls find it more of a turn off than guys, to be honest. It's got to the stage now where I'm worried that girls will make fun of me, so I've stopped approaching them altogether. It's not good.

I wouldn't find it a turn off- I think it depends on what sort of girl you're with. I know that some girls (the experienced ones) want guys who are like them, and some don't mind. For me personally, I wouldn't mind at all because we'd both be new at it and if it all went pear shaped it would just be something cute and funny to laugh about later- but yeah, don't worry. Like the guys told me, the right girl won't give a toss if you're a virgin. As for the dating thing, I'm really glad I'm not the only one! Don't give up! I think there is someone out there, they're just bloody difficult to find.

I would say love sucks, but I've never been in love so I couldn't really tell you :rolleyes:
Reply 32
it would put me off
Being a man myself it wouldn't bother me if a girl was a virgin as long as she tells me. No point lying to impress, as regards to sex men are much more open so you shouldn't worry.
Reply 34
nah, I'd **** anything with a pulse
I wouldn't find it a turn off- I think it depends on what sort of girl you're with. I know that some girls (the experienced ones) want guys who are like them, and some don't mind. For me personally, I wouldn't mind at all because we'd both be new at it and if it all went pear shaped it would just be something cute and funny to laugh about later- but yeah, don't worry. Like the guys told me, the right girl won't give a toss if you're a virgin. As for the dating thing, I'm really glad I'm not the only one! Don't give up! I think there is someone out there, they're just bloody difficult to find.

I would say love sucks, but I've never been in love so I couldn't really tell you :rolleyes:

and you're lucky for that. if you're in relationships, and they end, you realise it was a diabolical waste of time

unless your partner is one for life.

sometimes break ups hurt. you linger in your chair and wish the one you had loved had never existed, so you would be spared your pain.

i wasn't always single myself. i once had a girl, my great love.

she was...taken from me, kinda dissapeared from my life (no idea where she is)
Reply 36
and you're lucky for that. if you're in relationships, and they end, you realise it was a diabolical waste of time

unless your partner is one for life.

sometimes break ups hurt. you linger in your chair and wish the one you had loved had never existed, so you would be spared your pain.

i wasn't always single myself. i once had a girl, my great love.

she was...taken from me, kinda dissapeared from my life (no idea where she is)

sorry to hear that! Love does sound quite painful at times, but I think even experiencing that kind of pain might be a good thing once in awhile, just to remind you that you're still alive and stuff hurts like hell sometimes.

People have suffered worse... although I'm sure at the time you probably don't think that... lol
It's not that simple. Will the history make a difference? No. The reason for your history might. A fear of commitment, impossible standards and an inability to communicate feelings, if these apply to you, could well put somebody off. That you are a virgin who has not been in a serious relationship is itself of no consequence.
Original post by Llamageddon
It's not that simple. Will the history make a difference? No. The reason for your history might. A fear of commitment, impossible standards and an inability to communicate feelings, if these apply to you, could well put somebody off. That you are a virgin who has not been in a serious relationship is itself of no consequence.

*Sigh* Also sums me up.
sorry to hear that! Love does sound quite painful at times, but I think even experiencing that kind of pain might be a good thing once in awhile, just to remind you that you're still alive and stuff hurts like hell sometimes.

People have suffered worse... although I'm sure at the time you probably don't think that... lol

mhm. the world definitley isn't 'all sunshine and rainbows'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending