The Student Room Group

Would this put guys off?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I genuinely don't think this would put off most guys.

However on an individual level (i.e. not distinct to gender), some people prefer someone with more experience of sex and/or relationships because of where they are themselves in life. I think it is more probable that an older guy would prefer not to a date a virgin, but I doubt a younger guy would dismiss a woman for that. It's all relative to circumstance.

Personally I prefer to date guys who are experienced in relationships, hopefully of the long-term type. I don't care how much sexual experience a man has had if all that experience is outside of a serious relationship. There are things you learn in a LTR which you don't learn elsewhere. This leaves out virgin guys by default (as I'm not against sex before marriage). I do not specifically avoid men who are virgins. I imagine that is true for most people who don't date virgins. They might think "I have no problem with that but it's not for me" and that's a perfectly adequate reason not to date someone. They don't judge you for it but they don't feel like going on that journey of discovery with you either.

It's a big enough world to find someone who fits with you.
Reply 41
The only guys who'll give too hoots about it are:

a) Guys who are virgins or inexperienced themselves as it takes the pressure off a bit. And hey, it's gotta be fun and more appealing to learn the ropes together, right?

b) The sort of guys who like to keep a record of their conquests on their bed post and would love nothing more than to deflower a virgin.

c) The sort of guys who think a girl who's been with other guys is 'dirty' in some way. You know, kind of like when you use cutlery in a restaurant, you know it's previously been used over and over by people you don't know at all and if you really thought about it, it'd gross you out, so you have to pretend it hasn't happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending