The Student Room Group

why are people still wearing chinos!

Scroll to see replies

I think it depends on what they're wearing them with and what the person looks like, some guys + chinos = awful... but others look pretty good :wink: but no, I don't understand why they're still in fashion :/ and skinny jeans... well I don't really know, it depends on how skinny they are! For example, my jeans are strictly speaking skinny, but quite baggy as I've lose weight... So I guess when you say skinny you mean quite tight jeans? For me, tight jeans on guys look a bit... well, camp :/
There are chinos and there are chinos. It depends entirely what type we're talking about here.

There are the straight fitting, smart looking chinos, usually in beige or dark blue. These are really nice trousers, particularly for semi-formal occasions. With a pink or light blue shirt, a good belt and some loafer/brogue type shoes, they're a very nice, relaxed yet smart look.

On the other hand, we have those ridiculous things with the elasticated ankles, ruining the good name of nice chinos. Usually worn by the typical irritating "hipster" type, they look stupid, and make the wearer look even more so.

So yes, I'm something of a chino snob, and I'm very proud of that fact!
chinos are out of fashion

its all about the slim cordory!!!

get urs now to be a hipster!!
i can accept both of them, it really depends on what style are you wearing, maybe those people are comfortable in wearing them:smile:
Original post by Millie228

I like a pulled-together, pretty look, like this (IF a guy manages to do it right):
tumblr_m2akd3XlJO1r8yp2so1_400.png

Are you serious, that looks horrible :lol:
I have a range of both chinos and jeans - in 'socially acceptable' colours let's say, so black, dark blue (got like a dark turqouise pair of jeans - but they're not a sickly colour, it's just a change from buying the same colour). Don't see the problem with them.

The problem I do see is groups of people wearing the same outfit, or near-enough the same style - I think I saw a group of 11 people once wearing tan chinos, snapbacks, hoodies (with the "superman" style). Where's the originality or individuality?
i'd guess the OP is referring to the 'carrot legged' chinos that make you look like Lt. Gruber from 'Allo 'Allo. as traditional cuts of Chinos are fairly timeless/ 'not affected by fashion'in the way that say a pair of 501 cut jeans is timeless

Quick Reply

Latest