The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ur dont know if this will actually work but here's my attempt at step by step instructions.

1. Curl your tongue upwards and slightly backwards.
2. Using two fingers on each hand, push on your tongue, nearer the bottom/middle when its curled and push it so its properly folded.
3. Make sure your fingers are in a V shape, but with them being together at the top with a gap at the bottom.
4. Blow and the air should go through the hole made with your fingers and make a sound
still cant do it
Reply 3
omg it kinda works!!! lol
Reply 4
Am i the only person that just ends up blowing spit all over their hands when they try :biggrin:
no - i do too! its impossible *sighs*
Reply 6
I can't do it yet can whistle really strongly and loudly.
Reply 7
Damn it, I felt like I almost had it a few times but just couldn't quite get it!!! I think I'd better stop now, I'm going pass out if I keep on blowing out air for much longer.
Lol, i wont go into details of how stupid i must have just looked then... and it still didnt work for me!

Lou
xxx
Reply 9
Glad to see everyone is trying but its so hard. Maybe some picture instructions?
Reply 10
Lofty
Am i the only person that just ends up blowing spit all over their hands when they try :biggrin:

Note to self - don't try any of the above tips :p:
Reply 11
i tried it and i made an ickle wooshing sound that sounded a tad like a whistle :s but i feel a bit sick now..:s-smilie: hmm
i find licking my fingers and lips helps. i remember back in freshers week a guy in my unit tried to teach us (when drunk) to whistle. I was the only one who managed it! was quite proud of that. I find folding the tongue back on itsself and using the 2nd and 3rd fingers of both hands easiest to whistle with. or experiment using diff fingers (ok that does sound a bit dodge). make sure you try make your lips airtight around your fingers. good luck potential whistlers
Reply 13
I just got a wooshy sound!!!!
Reply 14
It's gone now
I get a high pitched sound that is bearly audiable, sometimes :rolleyes:
Reply 16
i spat on my dog...

but more relevant to the subject, i can't do it!
Reply 17
Directions worked for me, but i could do it beforehand. But at least i can whistle loudere now :smile:
They work kinda :confused:
Definitely closer to it than I've been before, lol.
Reply 19
I can't do it. Bah.

Latest

Trending

Trending