The Student Room Group

Public interest & human rights essay help

I am liking for advice on how to tackle this essay question; There has long been a by-law in Glasgow banning drinking alcohol in public places. The council have taken steps of publishing photos and addresses of every individual who has been arrested for this offence online. This policy sends a strong signal to anti social drinkers and the sober law abiding majority of Glaswegians have a right to know who these people are. Alongside the website which has had hits from all over the world, a one off news letter is planned with a random selection of offenders details to be published and will be delivered to every household in city.Q: Daniel was one of the first offenders named and shamed on the website. He believes his rights have been attacked - firstly over his right to drink wine on his way to a rugby match in westend, secondly over his right to privacy. He wants to bring a legal action on this basis.I need to determine what issues will arise when he brings the action, how likely they are to be successful and what if any the public interest is in the case? I have tried to find case law but have had no luck at present. And I am struggling with trying to structure this essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending