The Student Room Group

*Official Barts & The London Dentistry Applicants 2013*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by aainakhushi
Do the ucas scores from AS add onto A2 ucas points, so 4A's (240) + 3A*'s (420) = 660?
or is it just the 420 + 60?

I think it's just an add up of what you're predicted to get at the end of year 13
Original post by Doctor.
I think it's just an add up of what you're predicted to get at the end of year 13

Oh okay, thanks :smile:
Reply 62
Hi guys. I'm a first year Barts dental student. Just having a look around and seeing what's happening. If any of you have any questions then gimme a message and I'll try my best to help you guys out.
Reply 63
Original post by konanakon
Hi guys. I'm a first year Barts dental student. Just having a look around and seeing what's happening. If any of you have any questions then gimme a message and I'll try my best to help you guys out.

Respect to you mate. Hope you're enjoying the course. I've sent you a private message :smile:
Reply 64
Has anyone got any work experience planned over half term at all???
Reply 65
Original post by 710
Has anyone got any work experience planned over half term at all???

I have 1 day planned :smile:, you?
Reply 66
In my experience interview offers aren't usually given until November earliest but that was for UClan. It's only been a week since the deadline anyway. For Barts my interview invitation was given on 5th Jan. So I guess Jan would be the time you should be expecting all your replies for interviews. I know it's hard and quite unnerving at this time but it's just a waiting game for now. Hopefully there will be some good news by email for you guys in the upcoming months.
Reply 67
Original post by konanakon
In my experience interview offers aren't usually given until November earliest but that was for UClan. It's only been a week since the deadline anyway. For Barts my interview invitation was given on 5th Jan. So I guess Jan would be the time you should be expecting all your replies for interviews. I know it's hard and quite unnerving at this time but it's just a waiting game for now. Hopefully there will be some good news by email for you guys in the upcoming months.

Thanks! This waiting game isn't fun lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 68
Does anyone know how many applicants Barts received this year???
Reply 69
Original post by 710
Does anyone know how many applicants Barts received this year???

Not a clue, I will try ring them tomorrow though :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 70
I was trying to find out the dentistry application statistics on UCAS, but came across the admissions policy for Barts and The London for 2013 which some of you may find useful:

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/57249.pdf
Reply 71
Original post by bds-yes
I was trying to find out the dentistry application statistics on UCAS, but came across the admissions policy for Barts and The London for 2013 which some of you may find useful:

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/57249.pdf

Nice and thank you :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by Doctor.
Nice and thank you :smile:

Did you manage to ring Barts about the applicant number????
Reply 73
Original post by 710
Did you manage to ring Barts about the applicant number????

I didn't unfortunately :/ Got back late yesterday. I will do it today right after my lecture! :smile:
Reply 74
Rang up but the woman on the phone would not tell me anything :/ Saying she doesn't have the figures with her :sigh:
Reply 75
ah guys what is this about tariff points? I've applied here and i have no idea what this is or how you know how many points you have
Reply 76
Original post by idunnotbh
ah guys what is this about tariff points? I've applied here and i have no idea what this is or how you know how many points you have

http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/
Reply 77
Original post by idunnotbh

Apparently they do have a cut off with regards to how many UCAS point you'll be predicted. Although it is not heavily mentioned, so hopefully they have a low cut off for dentistry! Although for Medicine it's stated they have a cut off of 460? Or something like that.
Reply 78

ah thanks man but i'm very confused now because is it right to say an A at AS is 60 points? because i swear thats what it says and if thats the case im screwed and also do GCSE's not get you any tariff points?
Reply 79
Original post by Doctor.
Apparently they do have a cut off with regards to how many UCAS point you'll be predicted. Although it is not heavily mentioned, so hopefully they have a low cut off for dentistry! Although for Medicine it's stated they have a cut off of 460? Or something like that.

ah thanks a lot, do you know how many points a predicted A is worth? or an A at AS?

Quick Reply

Latest