The Student Room Group

2 courses 1 personal statement, but....

They are similar.

I have applied to study Law for most of my choices, but i am also interested in Politics. I wanted to apply for LLB Law with Politics at some uni's and just LLB Law at other's but my personal statement is only written towards studying LLB Law, i have no room to talk about politics (except for in my hobbies & interests section) because i really went in depth with Law.

Can i still apply to a LLB Law with Politics with my personal statement as it is and be accepted? Will they understand that i am applying for just Law also & cannot write about politics? Or must i make changes? If i make changes, some of the universities i am applying to are not offering Law & Politics so they will read my statement and think they are not my main interest.

Forgive me for posting on this thread but i posted the question twice in the correct thread and got NO replies
Just apply for straight law and join the numerous politics societies at whatever uni you go to. Applying for both will give universities the impression you're not dedicated to either course.
You need to go all Law and Politics or just Law or you may run the risk of hurting your chances as you look uncommitted to politics. How is the balance? like is it 3/5 LLB or....
Reply 3
You do need to mention that you possibly want to study Law with Politics. However, it won't make you look indecisive.

If your grades are good, your personal statement will matter less. For borderline cases your ps will be very important. So if that's the case then you need to re-draft it to include more about politics.
Original post by fimblesocks
You need to go all Law and Politics or just Law or you may run the risk of hurting your chances as you look uncommitted to politics. How is the balance? like is it 3/5 LLB or....

4/5 LLB Law..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending