The Student Room Group

The 2013 interviews, offers of a place and confirmation for Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by mennyc
Hey Charlie, don't worry, it's always when you think you've done bad is when you've actually done amazing, Good luck, don't worry!

Well done on Leeds! Just a quick Q I've got an interview in 2 weeks time there, what type of things should I be revising for the maths questions. It's not really my strongest point but I really like Leeds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ive also got an interview at leeds in two weeks time. How are the group discussions? I'm glad they seem friendly! xx
Original post by mennyc
Hey Charlie, don't worry, it's always when you think you've done bad is when you've actually done amazing, Good luck, don't worry!

Well done on Leeds! Just a quick Q I've got an interview in 2 weeks time there, what type of things should I be revising for the maths questions. It's not really my strongest point but I really like Leeds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was really easy :smile: maths isn't my strongest point either, but it was just things like if someone is prescribed x amount of drugs how many tablets should they be given etc :smile: also, the group interview was really relaxed we were just on a table and different interviewers came round and asked us questions about what qualities should a nurse be etc :smile:
Good luck!
Charlie xx
Reply 842
Original post by Lsfmith
ive also got an interview at leeds in two weeks time. How are the group discussions? I'm glad they seem friendly! xx

Hey! What date is yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 843
Original post by charlieee.
It was really easy :smile: maths isn't my strongest point either, but it was just things like if someone is prescribed x amount of drugs how many tablets should they be given etc :smile: also, the group interview was really relaxed we were just on a table and different interviewers came round and asked us questions about what qualities should a nurse be etc :smile:
Good luck!
Charlie xx

Thank you so much for your help! :-) xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got interviews for keele, edge hill or liverpool john moores coming up in march?
Just any help or advise would be nice on what to expect for example; layout of the day, questions, how long you're there for etc. thank you!!! :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
i had an interview 2 years ago for keele and i didn't get in! they sit you in a room with about 6 people and talk to you about the course, next they call you in one by one to be interviewed my a physician and lecturer (i think). This was 2 years ago though and was for mental health! I'm still waiting to hear back from keele this year!
Original post by lydia_1494
I had an interview on this date to!! But no I still havent heard anything back from them :/ but they did say we would find out in the new year, so a little bit more waiting to go by the looks of it. Good luck btw! have you applied anywhere else??

I know but i cant help checking my emails every day just incase :smile:

i applied to coventry ( interview 17th jan) and demontford uni ( havnt heard back yet)
any information about interviews at LSBU?
I have mine on 4th jan :smile:
Reply 848
Original post by Beyond_The_Norms
Well, I got a conditional from my Leeds University interview from last Friday :smile:

CONGRATS!! :biggrin: Any advice on the maths test? what type of questions came up? stressing out :frown:
Reply 849
Off topic kinda, but has anyone else had this problem?
I'd just been rejected from two univerisities because of my predicted grades.. this confused me as my grades were the same as what they were asking for. The following day I did some snooping and asked my head of sixth form what grades were put down on UCAS and was told they were significantly lower then what I was told originally. Meaning that I applied for 2 universities that my school knew I wouldn't be accepted into, yet decided not to tell me and lowered my grades without telling me too. Has anyone elses schools/colleges done the same? Or am I just the unlucky one?
Im 22 so it's been a few years since I was at college but when I went to uni and was applying first time round with ucas, as far as I know, your predicted grades go on what you got for work in prep to completing AS levels for example coursework or essays you've done towards AS.

I think what you will need to do is ask for feedback firstly from your tutors at your sixth form, as to why they have lowered your grades. If you are confident in yourself that you can reach predicted grades for uni it's the tutors you need to speak with. it could be that they have some results back from work you've done recently and they are going by that? I'd definately arrange a meeting to discuss further.

Original post by Mariarghh
Off topic kinda, but has anyone else had this problem?
I'd just been rejected from two univerisities because of my predicted grades.. this confused me as my grades were the same as what they were asking for. The following day I did some snooping and asked my head of sixth form what grades were put down on UCAS and was told they were significantly lower then what I was told originally. Meaning that I applied for 2 universities that my school knew I wouldn't be accepted into, yet decided not to tell me and lowered my grades without telling me too. Has anyone elses schools/colleges done the same? Or am I just the unlucky one?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Retrotistic
Haven't had my tests yet, I just saw "Invitation" and assumed it was an interview! :colondollar: I'll look into that. Which branch you going for? x

Sorry, late replying! Yeah I got a letter saying that I will have the tests and if I am successful then I will be invited to an interview :smile: maybe I have read it wrong, I will check again :smile: I'm going for adult, how about you? :smile: x
What the cardiff Maths test like? and the set up of the day? I'm nervous, it's tomorrow!
Reply 853
Original post by emilygould
What the cardiff Maths test like? and the set up of the day? I'm nervous, it's tomorrow!

When you arrive you give your name, then you go into the lecture theatre and they give you a talk about the course, then you do the maths test and then they say you can go. The maths test was easy, its just simple fractions, decimals, multiplication and division, and there is no need to worry about converting units as they tell you what they convert to on the front of the booklet. They give you forty five minutes but honestly most people finish it way before the time is up.
Reply 854
Original post by Kim_maria
I GOT AN OFFER FROM LONDON SOUTHBANK!!!! I'm waaaay past cloud 9 right now :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh wow! Congrats on your offer :smile:!! I have my selection day soon and getting a bit nervous! Do you have any tips for the interview or English test? :smile:
Reply 855
Ive got my assessment at Cardiff tomorrow too! Is it just a maths test that we have to do? Im nervous!!
Reply 856
Hey guys,

I've applied for adult nursing sept 2013 intake. my choices are:
UWE - got an interview march 19. group interview with numeracy/literacy tests. anyone give me advice pls?
Worcester - email to say they've received my application
Staffordshire - not heard from them yet, not even an email to say they've received my application :frown:
Coventry -interview feb 21. any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Birmingham City - email to say they've received my application

I'm scared for the interviews. People whose had/have interview at conventry and uwe, help? thanks :biggrin:
Reply 857
Has any one got an interview at dmu this month?

This was posted from the Student Room's Android App
Original post by AimeeMac
Ive got my assessment at Cardiff tomorrow too! Is it just a maths test that we have to do? Im nervous!!

Yes! I think so, what time is yours?
Anyone else got a numeracy test at Cardiff tomorrow at 1.45pm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending