The Student Room Group

The 2013 interviews, offers of a place and confirmation for Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Alice_95
Anytime :smile: Oh good. That's ok, just thought I'd mention it. I think the interview was good. Try and show them who you are and your good ideas, but also cooperate well with your group and listen. Be yourself! And show your passion :smile: King's is my first choice, however it was Southampton originally. I was rejected by Southampton, Nottingham and Surrey without interview, and I was really sad but the King's offer has made me feel better. I love King's! I have an interview at Manchester on January 16th, so hopefully they will be an excellent insurance choice, all going well. Otherwise I won't have one, haha! Good luck with all your choices. You are welcome x

Hey, I got an unsuccessful from Manchester after attending the selection day due to the maths, (i passed english) so just thought I'd give you a heads up to really revise for it as you need a 60% pass in the maths in order to guarantee a place. Questions from the snaps test (they'll send you info if you don't know about it) will come up so really make sure you know how to answer them. And just keep revising from the snaps website. I didn't revise much and it really caught me off guard. I got 50% which in their eyes wasn't enough.

Goodluck its a beautiful university
Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 941
Original post by nadiaalq
if you have missed the deadline to confirm your attendance to an interview will they still allow you to attend on that date?

I didn't confirm my attendance for one as I hadn't worked out UCAS yet! But I still was allowed to go - maybe phone uni to check though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 942
Original post by graceem
14th december, heard back from coventry like 5days later, just had an email of walvo saying they have my application and are now considering it, :smile: where have you applied? For childrens? x

That's really good -I've applied for children' s too. Mines similar to yours except that I've applied for DMU and Uni of Bham instead of staff.
Hey Guys, has anyone already had their De Montfort [ DMU ] interview? How did it go, what was involved ? xx
Reply 944
Original post by Retrotistic
Hey Guys, has anyone already had their De Montfort [ DMU ] interview? How did it go, what was involved ? xx

Hi yes going to DMU this month!! Had interviews in November 2012 but they were fine - theres nothing to worry about, the interviewers are really nice and I didn't need to sit an entry exam so was really pleased with that!

When are you looking to start - Sept 13?

Gemma
Reply 945

I had an interview there before Christmas. It was really good actually, and they made you feel really welcome and comfortable. There is no tests and no group activity (well there wasn't for me anyway) and it is just a check of certificates and then an individual interview. Mine lasted around 25 minutes or something so quite long, but the interviewers are great and as long as you are confident (or can pretend to be!) in what you have written in your personal statement etc. and why you want to do it, you will be fine. I still haven't heard yet though so still crossing my fingers! Good luck :smile: xx
Original post by Boqore
Well done! :smile: I've got an interview this month there. How was the maths and english test? And how was the interview? Was it scary? Bcu is one of my top choices :smile:

This was posted from the Student Room's Android App

The maths was really easy infact i double check my answeres 3 times because didn belive it was that simple.

English wasnt much harder but as a dyselxic person i enevitably struggled a little more on this but everyone i was talking to that day passed the tests and said they all thought they were easy.

Interview was really relaxed, the people who interviewed me were very friendly and put me at ease quickly. They dont ask any questions to trip you up like some universities do, there all your basic questions really and if you really want to do nursing and want to go to bcu it will be easy for you :smile:

good luck let me know how you get on. might see you in october x:smile:
Original post by gcorry3
Hi yes going to DMU this month!! Had interviews in November 2012 but they were fine - theres nothing to worry about, the interviewers are really nice and I didn't need to sit an entry exam so was really pleased with that!

When are you looking to start - Sept 13?

Gemma

Aw, Well done! Yea hopefully Sept 2013 start for me, thanks for replying :redface: x
Original post by ljasmine
I had an interview there before Christmas. It was really good actually, and they made you feel really welcome and comfortable. There is no tests and no group activity (well there wasn't for me anyway) and it is just a check of certificates and then an individual interview. Mine lasted around 25 minutes or something so quite long, but the interviewers are great and as long as you are confident (or can pretend to be!) in what you have written in your personal statement etc. and why you want to do it, you will be fine. I still haven't heard yet though so still crossing my fingers! Good luck :smile: xx

Hi Jasmine! Very truee, I need to go over my personal statement. Which branch are you applying for?
Best of luck to you! x
Original post by neskisan
Heya Kimberley,

I have also been invited to selection day at KCL to study adult nursing. Really excited and nervous at the same time since kings is my first choice and I don't want to mess it up! :smile: - good luck at the selection day, I hope you do well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, sorry for the late reply

Aww brilliant!!! hope to see you there :smile: and good luck I'm sure you'll be fine.
What other unis have you applied to?

Kimberley x
Reply 950
Hi Jasmine! Very truee, I need to go over my personal statement. Which branch are you applying for?
Best of luck to you! x

I've applied for the Dual reg in Adult/Mental Health :smile: what about you? thanks! x
Original post by ljasmine
I've applied for the Dual reg in Adult/Mental Health :smile: what about you? thanks! x

I will hopefully be studying Adult Nursing :smile: x
anyone going to an interview at Birmingham tomorrow?:smile: if so what time and what branch? :biggrin:

and anyone going to an interview at Swansea next Wednesday? :P x
Reply 953
Original post by Boqore
That's really good -I've applied for children' s too. Mines similar to yours except that I've applied for DMU and Uni of Bham instead of staff.

Staffs was my safety net, yet i really liked it, but then i found out it would take place in Shrewsbery, and becos its an hour away from there main campus they have ''limited'' housing which will total upto £7000 for a year, :/ and theres no house shares since its not a student area. have you heard back from any?
hi, i have applied to study adult nursing in BCU and am just wondering how much question do i need to get right to pass the maths and English test.:smile:
Reply 955
Why is choosing which uni to go to so difficult!! Got offers from York and Southampton, my top two but I don't know which to firm. Swaying more towards York at the moment! anyone else struggling or is it just me?! :tongue: Xx
Reply 956
Original post by Bethyg6
Why is choosing which uni to go to so difficult!! Got offers from York and Southampton, my top two but I don't know which to firm. Swaying more towards York at the moment! anyone else struggling or is it just me?! :tongue: Xx

I'm in exactly the same position between Southbank and Kings - still got 2 interviews though so trying to stop stressing until then but I am stressing anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had anyone got an interview at keele tomorrow?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got an interview at hull on the 11th?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ajredman
Hello,

I recently had an interview at south bank and got offered a place. Im doing adult nursing but i think the tests are pretty much the same. The maths is pretty simple and the same with the english but you have to write a 100-200 word essay at the end. They give you 15 mins for each test to!

Good Luck! x

Well done for getting offerd a place, fingers crossed I get onto the children's nursing.. What would you recommend to brush up n in regards to maths?? Ratios, division etc and the same for English.. Did you have to find the mis spelt words etc??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending