The Student Room Group

finance approved and student signature form now received by slc...

....they have all the evidence they need, declaration received and finance is still saying approved. Can anyone tell me when I can expect my funding, or at least a status changing from approved to submitted? Reason for delay is that I have sent my missing sig form TWICE. Been lost twice so sent it for the THIRD time next day delivery which they now have. :confused: Any replies would be great. Thanks.

One skint mummy:frown:
Reply 1
apologies if this is a repeat post, I am new here and am still finding my way around.

thanks
Reply 2
Hello Benny,

If your declaration has been received, your application should show APPROVED. If not, it will say APPROVED - AWAITING SIGNATURE.

Best to double check with SFE to see if the declaration has been scanned and authorised. Providing this has been done and the university have confirmed your attendance, this should all normally be updated within 48 hours and payments would then be submitted for payment. Once payments have been submitted, you should receive the funding into your bank account within 3-5 working days.
Reply 3
hi there, thanks for the reply. The system says that it has received my declaration and the date it was received so I am assuming it has been scanned and authorised, and I do not need to do anything else. Heres hoping that something changes over the next few days. Thanks for the advice. Spent a fortune calling them over the last few weeks over something that is not my fault.

I think it is so unfair that points of contact are all premium rate numbers.
Reply 4
Hi benny1981,

I think it would be in your best interest to make sure the university confirm your attendance, just to stop any potential delays, even if they have done this already.

And just to let you in to a little secret, the SFE premium number is only charged at local rates if you call from a landline. :wink:
Reply 5
Hi just a quick update,

My payment date was scheduled for the 17/09/2012. Yesterday, it changed to the 22/10/2012. Does that mean that everything is done as uni are saying they have done everything their end. It doesn't say submitted yet, still saying approved.

Thanks
Reply 6
Hello again benny1981,

If the date of payment has changed, this usually means the payment has been altered due to being submitted.

If you want further clarification, please call SFE to see if they have received the confirmation of attendance. The agent will then be able to check the payment schedule or the payment system.
Reply 7
So my new payment date of the 22/10/12 has arrived, and STILL NOTHING!!!! :mad: I honestly have never known such incompetence and am now fuming. Yet another call to student finance today to be told a load of ****e about who hasn't done what. I don't care who is in the wrong, I just want my cash. I budgeted carefully to ensure that my september bills and mortgage were covered just in case there was a problem. Now I have Octobers bills in front of me and no money to pay them.

I feel like dropping out, I have never known anything so stressful. I cut my work hours so I had more time to study, this is outrageous considering I am in my 2nd year, and my application has been in since May. What a mess :confused:
More info about the payment process here, I'm not sure if this is any help or not -

http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/applying.aspx
Reply 9
hi there,

right, uni are adamant that they have raised my attendance conformation and have sent it electronically 3 times. On earlier schedules, the payee for tuition fee loan showed STUDENT as receiving payment. Lat week, this changed to my uni being the payee, hence my uni saying that this shows they have confirmed my attendance in order for slc to know to pay the uni the tuition fee.

Student finance are no help at all. One lady I spoke to is insistent that nothing else needs to be done, but cannot explain why payment status still says approved when today is my expected payment date.

I really don't know what else I should be doing here, a total shambles :angry:
Reply 10
Hello benny1981,

Because this has been an on-going issue, I would strongly recommend calling SFE and asking what the status of the payment system is.

The payment system is called CLASS, just to prompt the adviser. Sometimes the payment notification can be rejected by the payment system in which the application would most likely need to be sent to the "resolve team" to be corrected unless there is a specific reason as to why it was rejected in the first place.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending