The Student Room Group

Anyone applied for March 2013 intake at Anglia Ruskin Adult Nursing!?

I've just recieved my interview email! ahhhh :biggrin: scary! Just wondering if anyone else on here has received one that I can chat too! :smile:
xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya! I'm applying for midwifery. I know it's not the same but I was wondering how long ago you sent your application + how long it took them to get back to you?:smile:

Good luck! x
Reply 2
Original post by gghxo
I've just recieved my interview email! ahhhh :biggrin: scary! Just wondering if anyone else on here has received one that I can chat too! :smile:
xx

Hi! :smile: I'm a bit different cos I already have a place for adult nursing in march, after going through ucas extra in the 2012 cycle

The interview is fine, they're really nice and its quite informal, I preferred it to the other unis I went to :smile: the maths test is basic decimal points/fractions and the english test was just a short essay. Good luck! Let me know how you get on, I'm so eager to chat to other people who get on the course! x
Reply 3
Original post by emily27x
Hiya! I'm applying for midwifery. I know it's not the same but I was wondering how long ago you sent your application + how long it took them to get back to you?:smile:

Good luck! x

Ohh are you! Good luck :smile: err well i sent my application off Sept 14th i think.. and i got my interview invite last week! and my interview is next monday! :biggrin: so it was all pretty quick! have you heard anything?
Reply 4
Original post by mnapier
Hi! :smile: I'm a bit different cos I already have a place for adult nursing in march, after going through ucas extra in the 2012 cycle

The interview is fine, they're really nice and its quite informal, I preferred it to the other unis I went to :smile: the maths test is basic decimal points/fractions and the english test was just a short essay. Good luck! Let me know how you get on, I'm so eager to chat to other people who get on the course! x

ohh I really hope i get in!! :s did you have much experience?! I havent got lots? ohhh im so scared haha! i'll let you know how i get on next week after my interview! Fingers crossed i get in! x
Reply 5
Original post by gghxo
Ohh are you! Good luck :smile: err well i sent my application off Sept 14th i think.. and i got my interview invite last week! and my interview is next monday! :biggrin: so it was all pretty quick! have you heard anything?

Oh wow that is quite fast! Good luck with your interview, let me know how it goes!:smile:

I only sent my application off last Wednesday/Thursday and so far all i've got from 3 of my choices including ARU is the acknowledgement email!:smile:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this though I loved it so much + really want to go there!:smile: xx
Reply 6
Original post by emily27x
Oh wow that is quite fast! Good luck with your interview, let me know how it goes!:smile:

I only sent my application off last Wednesday/Thursday and so far all i've got from 3 of my choices including ARU is the acknowledgement email!:smile:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this though I loved it so much + really want to go there!:smile: xx

Ohh hopefully you will here soon then! Let me know how you get on!! Good luck! xx
Reply 7
Original post by gghxo
ohh I really hope i get in!! :s did you have much experience?! I havent got lots? ohhh im so scared haha! i'll let you know how i get on next week after my interview! Fingers crossed i get in! x

well i had a year out, and i worked in a care home but i was an activities coordinator not a carer! other than that, not really, i did a little stint vounteering on a hospital ward when i was 17 too. But i honestly dont think it was experience they were after. I think they just were just looking for honest, open and friendly people who are generally passionate about nursing :smile: i was sooo nervous, but i tried to just be myself
Good luck!! xx
Reply 8
Original post by mnapier
well i had a year out, and i worked in a care home but i was an activities coordinator not a carer! other than that, not really, i did a little stint vounteering on a hospital ward when i was 17 too. But i honestly dont think it was experience they were after. I think they just were just looking for honest, open and friendly people who are generally passionate about nursing :smile: i was sooo nervous, but i tried to just be myself
Good luck!! xx

this is so helpful! Thankyou! I done a weeks work experience at a private hospital which really opened my eyes and I use to look after my grandad when he fell ill, hopefully this will help me! I'm so nervous! Is there any questions they asked in the interview that you would be able to help me answer?! It would be a great help! :smile: xx
Reply 9
Original post by gghxo
this is so helpful! Thankyou! I done a weeks work experience at a private hospital which really opened my eyes and I use to look after my grandad when he fell ill, hopefully this will help me! I'm so nervous! Is there any questions they asked in the interview that you would be able to help me answer?! It would be a great help! :smile: xx

no problem, i wish there was someone to let me know these things before i went haha!
yeah that sounds good, that's similar to my amount of experience!
well we had a group discussion which was about the different qualities a nurse should have and why, and then the one to one interview was just really simple and informal. i'm not sure they even asked proper questions. she asked me about my job and travelling cos i'd written about it in my personal statement and then I talked about why i wanted to be a nurse. it's just like having a conversation rather than firing questions at you :smile: xx
Reply 10
Original post by mnapier
no problem, i wish there was someone to let me know these things before i went haha!
yeah that sounds good, that's similar to my amount of experience!
well we had a group discussion which was about the different qualities a nurse should have and why, and then the one to one interview was just really simple and informal. i'm not sure they even asked proper questions. she asked me about my job and travelling cos i'd written about it in my personal statement and then I talked about why i wanted to be a nurse. it's just like having a conversation rather than firing questions at you :smile: xx

Haha well your brings great help for me!! :smile: I know this sounds really silly! But I know why I want to be a nurse and the roles of a nurse but I never know how to explain it when someone asks me!! Could you for me some advice as what you said to these sort of questions. And did they ask you about what is going on in the NHS world at the moment? Sort I'm asking a million questions but its helping a lot! :smile: thankyouuuu! xxx
Reply 11
Original post by gghxo
Haha well your brings great help for me!! :smile: I know this sounds really silly! But I know why I want to be a nurse and the roles of a nurse but I never know how to explain it when someone asks me!! Could you for me some advice as what you said to these sort of questions. And did they ask you about what is going on in the NHS world at the moment? Sort I'm asking a million questions but its helping a lot! :smile: thankyouuuu! xxx

I know what you mean I found it hard to explain, but I just talked about how caring for people made me feel, and how I knew that by having a career in nursing I will always have some way of progressing. I cant really remember if they asked anything about the nhs, i dont think they did! but i would read up on a few things first, like government cuts and staff shortages :smile: xx
Reply 12
Original post by mnapier
I know what you mean I found it hard to explain, but I just talked about how caring for people made me feel, and how I knew that by having a career in nursing I will always have some way of progressing. I cant really remember if they asked anything about the nhs, i dont think they did! but i would read up on a few things first, like government cuts and staff shortages :smile: xx

Ok! Thankyou! :smile: ill let you know how I get on Monday!! Hopefully they won't make me wait ages till they let me know if I have got in or not! Fingers crossed anyway! :smile: xx
Reply 13
Hello,
l've just been offered place on adult nursing ARU Cambridge, anyone else starting then?x
Reply 14
Well I've applied but I don't know if I've got in or not!! :frown: xx
Reply 15
Original post by Emma_27
Hello,
l've just been offered place on adult nursing ARU Cambridge, anyone else starting then?x

Yeah i am!:smile: will you be living in addenbrookes accomodation?xx
Reply 16
Original post by mnapier
Yeah i am!:smile: will you be living in addenbrookes accomodation?xx

Hey! No I'm a mature student and have a house with my boyfriend, I live in saffron walden so will be commuting in each day.

Im getting excited now! Not long to go!x
Reply 17
Original post by Emma_27
Hey! No I'm a mature student and have a house with my boyfriend, I live in saffron walden so will be commuting in each day.

Im getting excited now! Not long to go!x

Oh cool! yeah me too, really excited! Im hoping they'll send out some info about the bursary and that soon, just want to get all the boring stuff out the way!x
Reply 18
Original post by mnapier
Oh cool! yeah me too, really excited! Im hoping they'll send out some info about the bursary and that soon, just want to get all the boring stuff out the way!x

Cool! I only got offered a place last week, have only received the crb and health stuff so far x
Reply 19
Ok I'm worried. I haven't heard yet :frown: I obviously haven't got in! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending