The Student Room Group

Need advice: Can anyone help?

Hi all. Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Ok...here goes.
Last academic year, one of my tutors was so horrible to almost everyone in my study class ( me included ) that after she got nasty with me, a few of the girls said they wanted me to go with them and report her, which we did.
She improved her attitude and I let everything else go.
When it came to my assignment, I sent it in electronically and because I had personal problems going on at the time, it went out of my head to print off a hard copy and hand it in.
I received an email from this tutor saying it had to be handed in before 12 that evening or I would be capped at 40%. I was unable to get in to hand it in but phoned one of my Uni friends who said she would see if she could get someone to print it off for me and hand it in. I then got a text from her saying my overall tutor had offered to do it.
The next thing I know was that my result had been capped at 40%. My overall tutor told me that this was because the other tutor had said it was because my overall tutor had handed it in and I hadn't.
I asked my overall tutor to look into it as I didn't think this was right and I also knew that another student had had hers handed in by a tutor and hadn't had her mark capped.
My overall tutor didn't do anything about any of this. This was in May.
I went back to Uni in September to find that nothing had been looked into and I raised it with my overall tutor again who said to forward the emails, which I did.
I then spoke to this tutor yesterday who got quite shirty with me and informed me that my mark had been capped as it was late. He had originally told me it was because he had handed it in. He also insisted that I had asked him to print it off etc for me. By this time, I was wondering what on earth was going on and felt ( stupidly maybe ) like something was beneath the surface as my tutor knew I hadn't asked him, and that he had offered. The girl who I had asked was passing by in the corridor but he refused to let her say anything.
I then phoned my Uni today and the matter has been passed on but...now it appears that not only are they saying it was nothing to do with a tutor handing in my work, but that I was over the deadline completely and am looking at zero for that module.
This means I will have failed one module. Does this mean I have to repeat last year? I have to say, I feel like I've been singled out but also that I have no one to turn to as it seems my overall tutor is more concerned with covering his own back ( over what I'm not sure ) than the fact that my degree could be up in smoke over all this.
Any advice?
Sorry to hear about that, sounds like such a compliated situation!
If you have failed one module then it is possible you will have to repeat the whole year again.

But I would definitely go to your student union about it. They are great with appealing against things like that and will point you in the right direction with who to speak to about it and what to say. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending