The Student Room Group

To study in Spain?

I'm going to Spain on my year abroad next year and want an urban town/city to go to.
Madrid is my first choice, however the full list is this:

Universidad de Alcalá de Henares
Universitat Central de Barcelona
Universidad Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona)
Universidad de Cádiz
Universidad de Cantabria
Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha
Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Universidad de Deusto
Universitat de Girona
Universidad de Murcia
Universidad de Navarra
Universidad de Oviedo

Universidad de Santiago de Compostela
Universidad de Valencia
Universidad de Zaragoza

I'm not sure where to pick.
I want somewhere with a good night life and social scene.
Suggestions? :smile:

*ALSO - I can't go anywhere where they speak catalan.
Reply 1
I would suggest Universidad Complutense de Madrid, you're not going to find better night life and social scene anywhere else :smile:
Reply 2
I'd definetly say Complutense, Zaragoza, Valencia and Barcelona.
Reply 3
Ahh.. Madrid's the obvious choice :smile: Any other opinions?
I would say somewhere that's not Madrid. Not going to get the real Spanish experience by going to Madrid, just like you wouldn't get the British experience by going to London. I would personally pick Castilla-la-Mancha :smile:
Original post by fimblesocks
I would say somewhere that's not Madrid. Not going to get the real Spanish experience by going to Madrid, just like you wouldn't get the British experience by going to London. I would personally pick Castilla-la-Mancha :smile:

Fully agree!
Reply 6
I'm from barcelona. First of all you should know that the best universities in terms of reputation are pompeu fabra, madrid and deusto. If you are looking for a nice city and nightlife... madrid, barcelona or bilbao...forget about the rest. Id go to barcelona because of the city and the climate. The nightlife is probably the best one in spain (sorry but madrid doesnt have beach parties). If you have any questions just let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hello!! I'm from Canada and would love to study a semester in Spain! I'm going into nursing this fall and would like to plan ahead .
What universities teach in English that you recommend ?
I know of SLU
and I think Universidad Complutense de Madrid does too but not too sure their site isn't very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would like to apply to complutense university in madrid, but i am really struggling with finding the information about it (applying etc) in english as most of the information is in spanish. The course itself is taught in english. I would be really thankful if someone could give me some guidance about this or if anyone who has studied psychology in english in spain can help, Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending