The Student Room Group

Boy, 15, admits raping 65-year-old man :O

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
:zomg:
This is so vile. I despair at the world we live in some days :frown:
Original post by airdoc
proof how? :s-smilie:

Usually in rape and sexual assault cases there's evidence such as a DNA match. But it seems everyone just goes on a confession these days.

Granted if he did it then this boy needs some serious mental help, if he didn't do it and for some strange reason he admitted to the crime for what ever reason (It's happened before) then he also needs some sort of help.

@Noisy :] If your comment was supposed to be some sort of sexist jab at my intelligence may I say this."**** you."
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
this 15 year old is obviously a psychopath. if the authorities release him and he goes on to commit more violence then they should be held accountable. judges, lawyers, the police, the council, the government.

i think people need protecting not just from psychopaths but also from the weak and permissive system.
Reply 24
Original post by Ivorysovereign
In what way was my comment letting down my gender for asking if there was actually any solid proof that the boy did this crime?

Your comment were unjustified and sexist, and I hardly never pull out the sexist card. :] But good on you, it's nice to know that there's prats like yourself out there.

Let me put this as simply as possible so that you and your ilk can understand; the testimony of the victim and the perpetrator is all that is required for a conviction.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 25
Still a better love story than twilight
Reply 26
Original post by Stanley90
The teenager also admitted attempting to rape and sexually assaulting the man on land off Vale Road in Mansfield on 4 August.

The fact they have to specify the incident occurred on land means he's attempted it before in the sea. This kid just gets sicker and sicker!

:lol:

I love that. What they actually mean is that he attempted this other assault on the land around Vale Road - not that he's tried before in the sea! :colondollar:

Anyway. People have been mentioning recently that sexual assaults and rapes are being conducted by men of younger and younger ages now. I wonder if that's true, or rather that younger men were not caught so much in the past. It's an extremely shocking case.

Those who rape at younger ages, and also who have male victims, are the most prolific sex offenders with the highest risk.
Wtf.

He should be named and shamed. Don't care if he's underage, he knew what he was doing when he raped that old man.
Original post by noisy06
Let me put this as simply as possible so that you and your ilk can understand; the testimony of the victim and the perpetrator is all that is required for a conviction.

You say this as if I'm not aware that a confession is all that it takes for a conviction. Go preach else where, and don't speak as if you know the full extent of my intelligence.

I asked if there was any solid evidence. And by the looks of it there isn't. And if there's no solid proof then we might just be sending a very mentally unstable child to be locked away.

Now impede me no further, I'm done with your ilk.
I'm waiting for someone to blame video games or an unsteady upbringing.
Reply 30
Original post by Four Queue

I blame video games and an unsteady upbringing.
Original post by noisy06
I am very disturbed by your lack of understanding. I wasn't expecting much but I'm still disappointed.

Study some criminal law otherwise you'll come off a bit of a fool like you are now unfortunately.

Why should I? I study Human Biology with Forensic's, so I look for actual evidence that puts a person there, red handed.
You don't seem to understand how damaging it could be to put a child whose this mentally disturbed into a place such as a jail, he needs serious mental help.

Now if you're done trying to come across as an ass to everyone who can see this thread, best you stop yes? :]
Reply 32
Original post by Four Queue

I don't think there's any possible excuse even though some might disagree with us. The fact that he tried to assault and rape before tells us that the rape was premeditated, so it's irrelevant if he even does have mental issues since he is undoubtedly a danger to society and must not be let outdoors.

Reply 33
Original post by noisy06
Well, you are letting your gender down. Justifying your remark like you did here doesn't help either. This is the real world dear, bad things like this happen and those that admit to atrocities need to be put away. Otherwise you wouldn't be safe walking down the alley on a Friday night wearing a thin vest top.

:rolleyes: As someone with some knowledge of these types of crime (through both work and study), everything she said is perfectly reasonable and valid.

People actually do admit to these things without having committed the crime more often than you'd think. To question this is the first step an intelligent person would take to ensure that justice is given to those who truly deserve it. To blindly blunder in and swing insults, accusations and demands of punishment about is... slightly less useful to the real world.

The fact that this poster was female has nothing to do with the fact that every angle of this crime will need to be questioned in order to do the right thing.

Perhaps you should work on controlling your temper and remember that disagreeing with a woman does not mean that women are, in general, disagreeable :wink:
Reply 34
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Wtf.

He should be named and shamed. Don't care if he's underage, he knew what he was doing when he raped that old man.

two wrongs don't make a right...
Reply 35
Original post by aliluvschoc
:rolleyes: As someone with some knowledge of these types of crime (through both work and study), everything she said is perfectly reasonable and valid.

People actually do admit to these things without having committed the crime more often than you'd think. To question this is the first step an intelligent person would take to ensure that justice is given to those who truly deserve it. To blindly blunder in and swing insults, accusations and demands of punishment about is... slightly less useful to the real world.

The fact that this poster was female has nothing to do with the fact that every angle of this crime will need to be questioned in order to do the right thing.

Perhaps you should work on controlling your temper and remember that disagreeing with a woman does not mean that women are, in general, disagreeable :wink:

1. Your background in law is irrelevant to me, I care about what you say, not what you learnt.

2. To claim that there is no "proof" that the crime happened is actually incorrect. Since nobody can be 100% sure of any crime, there are boundaries in place and a concept of "beyond reasonable doubt". A testimony from the perpetrator passes the threshold of "beyond reasonable doubt". The onus is on you, the defence, to provide evidence of his mental incapacity, not the prosecution. So my statements are fully accurate, unlike the unfortunate lady I was debating with who doesn't have a clue what is going on. A scathing indictment of the British education system.

3. You should know better than to be arguing with the facts, no amount of rhetoric can hide BS. Do you understand that?

Reply 36
Original post by Ivorysovereign
Oh for the love of everything, what do you not understand? This boy WILL be released in years to come. The way he is now Jail will not help him or society, he doesn't need that sort of environment. He needs to be in a Rehabilitation Centre for young criminals.

Now I'm going to be blunt here, you're currently pissing me off with your sexist comments, jabs at my intelligence and the country I live in. Continue and you will be reported. I came here to voice my opinion not be belittled by yourself. Thank you.

Considering your lack of justification and support for your own views, I'm not surprised you're now changing the subject to rehab instead of there being no "proof" of the crime. You've also been reduced to using inappropriate and if I'm not mistaken, banned language. Getting emotional is not the answer, you have to use your reasoning or learn about the subject matter.

Reply 37
And this is why castration should still be a viable punishment, this pieceof **** shouldnt be allowed to ever see the light of day again let alone reproduce.
Original post by noisy06
Considering your lack of justification and support for your own views, I'm not surprised you're now changing the subject to rehab instead of there being no "proof" of the crime. You've also been reduced to using inappropriate and if I'm not mistaken, banned language. Getting emotional is not the answer, you have to use your reasoning or learn about the subject matter.

The fact is you're coming across as a sexist troll. And just because you find that word 'offensive' doesn't mean anything to me.

Either way this boy needs to go to rehab, guilty or no. The justice system will take his mental stability into consideration, just like they've done in the past.

Example: Beverley allitt, is an English serial killer, convicted of the murders of four children and the attempted murder of three. Even though she was sentenced and given 13 life sentences she is detained in Rampton Secure Hospital.

This was with significant evidence that she did the crime, now you're saying that they're going to put a 15 year old rapist into Jail, one that comes across with a serious mental issue and of course there's no actual evidence that he did the crime? I think not. You may think you know your laws but you obviously know nothing about the UK's justice system.

Now anything else you wish to continue prattling on about? It's hard to enjoy games when one has to argue against one like yourself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by noisy06
1. Your background in law is irrelevant to me, I care about what you say, not what you learnt.

2. To claim that there is no "proof" that the crime happened is actually incorrect. Since nobody can be 100% sure of any crime, there are boundaries in place and a concept of "beyond reasonable doubt". A testimony from the perpetrator passes the threshold of "beyond reasonable doubt". The onus is on you, the defence, to provide evidence of his mental incapacity, not the prosecution. So my statements are fully accurate, unlike the unfortunate lady I was debating with who doesn't have a clue what is going on. A scathing indictment of the British education system.

3. You should know better than to be arguing with the facts, no amount of rhetoric can hide BS. Do you understand that?

I do not understand why you are striking out with so much unconcealed anger at this. Everyone here agrees with you that this young man appears to be the perpetrator, both from his past crimes and from everything surrounding this case. Everyone certainly agrees that this is a particularly horrible crime, and that there must be justice for all those involved. How that justice is served may be something we may have differing opinions on, but that's OK, that merely leads to some interesting discussion. Have an open mind and you might actually enjoy it.

You've already stated that no-one can be sure 100% of any crime, and that we must therefore always look for a decision that is beyond all reasonable doubt before we convict someone. All this other person was doing was voicing the question - "is this beyond reasonable doubt". - You know (apparently better than anyone here) that this question will be raised by people.

A civil person may have instructed her as to how this most likely will indeed be found to be beyond reasonable doubt in court, rather than attacking her gender, her education and her country of residence.

In any case she did not claim that there was no proof, she simply wondered what the proof was.

Basically mate, chill out.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending