The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do a university course at colleage?

I met one of my friends the other day when I asked him what are you doing he said he is going to colleage but doing a university course. I thought surely you can't do that. What do you guys think

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Original post by jeffreyshalu
I met one of my friends the other day when I asked him what are you doing he said he is going to colleage but doing a university course. I thought surely you can't do that. What do you guys think

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yes you can study a degree at colleges. Sparsholt is a clear example who do FE and HE so do the likes of BTECs and degrees.
The college next to my 6th form does more vocational courses. Some are equivilent to a-levels, but then you can progress to do degrees in art, design aswell as other things. They also do some kind of foundation courses, which you then top up with a year at a proper uni.

But they're not certified by the actual college. The college is part of UCS, which is who certifies them I think.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
My college is starting degrees in business and Social Care (or something, not sure).

All they do is they do the course but it's officially at another uni, like ours are run at College XYZ but the business degrees have University College London plastered across it, and the counselling degrees have Stafford uni on them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending