The Student Room Group

Racism in Britain and Europe is getting scary

Scroll to see replies

The problem isn't people concerned about immigration, it about those who turn to immigrants to right this. If a significant group of people are concerned, go and protest at the seat of power. As is happening in this article, and the people in the comments condoning it, random people smashing up individuals and their property is going to do nothing.

As for these Greeks they are just idiots. Greece spent too much and is now paying the price. Unfortunately the common theme is looking to anywhere but themselves for the cause, whether that be Merkel or some Libyan.
Reply 21
Original post by sissoko46
So you're against this countries policies and you want immigrants to be forcibly removed through vigilante attacks?

I was making an observation, it's not my opinion. :tongue:

I think that immigration needs regulation in order to prevent overpopulation (We have almost the same population of France, but the UK is only a third of the size according to wikipedia); but thinking immigrants are the sole cause of a country's problems? Nope.
Original post by lulubel
the vast majority of interracial crime and racist violence in britain and europe is committed against white people.

for example:

home office data shows that there were 91,313 racially motivated hate crimes and 84,217 of the victims were white.

so, white people are victims of over 90% of racist hate crime.

see page 31:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/science-research-statistics/research-statistics/crime-research/hosb0612/hosb0612?view=Binary

Can I ask why this has been negged? He has quoted home office statistics and nothing he has said is wrong or even up for debate.

If you are going to neg someone for such a petty reason then at least give an explanation for doing so. However, the only explanation I can see is that some people don't like the truth. :confused:
Reply 23
You can oppose immigration without sympathising with Neo-Nazis, guys. The comments on this article are still terrible. "You keep labelling them as fascists, they're not, they're nationalists. There is a world of difference. They're trying to look after their own." +2020? The Golden Dawn are scumbags, some of their concerns may be legitimate but to portray them in a positive light is just idiotic.
Original post by sissoko46
If you read this article on the link below and then read the comments section underneath it is very clear that a vast amount of indigenous white British folk are harboring extreme views on how to sort out the problem of mass immigration. This does not look good and will put fear into the hearts of honest decent people of varying backgrounds of going about their daily business.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219374/Greece-today-A-Fascist-party-black-shirts-smashing-migrants-homes-Swastikas-streets.html#comments

South Africa is worse.
Original post by democracyforum
South Africa is worse.

South Africa deserve all they get. Half a century of racial segregation and oppression of 80% of your population will generally leave you with some long lasting problems.
Original post by the mezzil
Good, the boy was stupid for trying to. There is a limit to freedom of speach.

Wouldn't be freedom then would it.
more than 3,000 white farmers have been murdered in South Africa, and more than 65,000 whites have been murdered in total.
more than 3,000 white farmers have been murdered in South Africa, and more than 65,000 whites have been murdered in total.
Lots of people regardless of race have been murdered in South Africa, about 50 a day. Crime against white farmers is a remnant of apartheid. The main motive is robbery, which is understandable in a country where they own 80% of the land, courtesy of the land grabs and the policies in which people cannot claim their land back.
Original post by ThisIsTheLife
Trust me - one day you'll wish that us mass-immigration opponents had gotten our way before it was too late.

This. It's all going to boil over soon, people are getting sick of it.
racism_image.jpg
Original post by doggyfizzel
Lots of people regardless of race have been murdered in South Africa, about 50 a day. Crime against white farmers is a remnant of apartheid. The main motive is robbery, which is understandable in a country where they own 80% of the land, courtesy of the land grabs and the policies in which people cannot claim their land back.

What ?? What land have white people stolen ?
What ?? What land have white people stolen ?
The Group Area's Act...Where land for business and residence was allocated on the basis of race. Where the most developed, prosperous, and desirable areas were allocated to white's. Where 85% of the land was allocated to 16% of the population. Where people were forcibly removed from areas and owning business in certain areas based on race.

The reason white farmers are targeted is because of the horrible wealth imbalance in SA, which in itself is in place because of the apartheid policies the white majority upheld, with respect to eduction and business. Even now its difficult for people to claim back land that was removed from their families during apartheid. The people committing crime would happily commit it against a black farmer, the issue is for some strange reason there aren't that many blacks with land and things worth stealing.

To be clear, I'm not in favour of black or white. My point is SA has a pretty messed up racial history, to think they could just brush it under the carpet when it effects are still prevalent throughout their society is ridiculous. SA's policies during apartheid created racial divided and problems which it hasn't addressed, until it does the problems will remain.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Blackburn_Allen
Can I ask why this has been negged? He has quoted home office statistics and nothing he has said is wrong or even up for debate.

If you are going to neg someone for such a petty reason then at least give an explanation for doing so. However, the only explanation I can see is that some people don't like the truth. :confused:

As far as I can tell, he's completely misunderstood the statistics. I'm fairly sure that figure is the number of white people in the survey.
But people saying stuff like this get negged because they don't like hearing the truth, even if it actually isn't the truth in this case.

In fact, the exact opposite of what he claims is written in the article:

The risk of being a victim of personal hate crime was highest, for
example, among (Table 1.04):
people aged 16 to 24 (0.6% experienced personal hate crime compared with, for example,
fewer than 0.05% of those aged 75 and over);
people in ethnic groups other than White (0.8% compared with 0.2% of White adults);
those whose marital status was single (0.6% compared with 0.1% of married adults);
Reply 34
South Africa deserve all they get. Half a century of racial segregation and oppression of 80% of your population will generally leave you with some long lasting problems.

Deserve all they get? The other week i was reading about an 12 year old white lad who was drowned in boiling water by black racists. His parents were also tortured and killed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179171/Walkerville-family-murders-Horrific-death-boy-12-drowned-boiling-water-robbers-raped-mother.html

He deserved that you say?

You are using the language of genocide.
Original post by lulubel
Deserve all they get? The other week i was reading about an 12 year old white lad who was drowned in boiling water by black racists. His parents were also tortured and killed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179171/Walkerville-family-murders-Horrific-death-boy-12-drowned-boiling-water-robbers-raped-mother.html

He deserved that you say?

You are using the language of genocide.
I didn't point to an individual case, I was stating the problems they have in their county are of their own making.

I didn't state a racial preference either way, black SA's are hardly angels in their little mess. They as nation are to blame for their problems.

You on the other hand, only give a **** about that story because the victims were white and the perpetrators black. You couldn't give a crap he's 12.
Reply 36

Not true. White South Africans, and farmers especially, are in the midst of a violent oppression. The international genocide watchdog, genocidewatch.org, has the genocide level to level 5/6 for white South Africans -- outright genocide is level 8.

http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html
Reply 37
I didn't point to an individual case, I was stating the problems they have in their county are of their own making.

I didn't state a racial preference either way, black SA's are hardly angels in their little mess. They as nation are to blame for their problems.

You on the other hand, only give a **** about that story because the victims were white and the perpetrators black. You couldn't give a crap he's 12.

Well, I am white. So i Care about this sort of racism because it affects our people. Just because apartheid existed, it does not give justification for this sort of violent oppression. These are human being too.

I gave you a link to the genocidewatch.org section on the situation in SA. Here is a specific report on the farm murders. Which are classified as hate crimes.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by lulubel
Well, I am white. So i Care about this sort of racism because it affects our people. Just because apartheid existed, it does not give justification for this sort of violent oppression. These are human being too.

I gave you a link to the genocidewatch.org section on the situation in SA.

Exactly who are "OUR PEOPLE" in your opinion?.. Shows it all really:rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lulubel
Not true. White South Africans, and farmers especially, are in the midst of a violent oppression. The international genocide watchdog, genocidewatch.org, has the genocide level to level 5/6 for white South Africans -- outright genocide is level 8.

But why exactly is that? Why is that the case? You quote a source and don't even bother to read it.

A recent outbreak of violent farm invasions has led to casualties among white South Africans. The farm invasions are direct results of calls by Julius Malema and his Deputy, Ronald Lamola for whites to give up their land without compensation, or face violence by angry black youths “flooding their farms.”

Its about land, as the post you quoted states. How did that land imbalance that these white SA's are enjoying come about? Apartheid, which they supported. They made their bed, and have been living the high life for 50 years, now its coming back to bite them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending