The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN halls

Hello everyone!

well I was considering putting UCLAN as my insurance option but I know that insurance choices are not guaranteed accommodation :/

if I end up going to UCLAN, I am quite a way from home and obviously would need accomodation but I was wondering what is the likelihood of being able to be placed?

What type of rooms are left available etc and what to do if the uni can't offer anything...

Thank you!
Reply 1
Keep in mind there are private halls close to the campus as well. Two of the closest I know are iQ Kopa and Moor Lane. So they're always an option if you don't manage to get uni owned accommodation, and in my opinion from what I've seen of uni owned they're considerably nicer as well.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lilibeth
Keep in mind there are private halls close to the campus as well. Two of the closest I know are iQ Kopa and Moor Lane. So they're always an option if you don't manage to get uni owned accommodation, and in my opinion from what I've seen of uni owned they're considerably nicer as well.

Surely though if they are a lot nicer than Uni owned accom then more people will apply to go there meaning they will be no places left there lol...
Reply 3
Original post by Rainbows!
Surely though if they are a lot nicer than Uni owned accom then more people will apply to go there meaning they will be no places left there lol...

I don't know about Kopa but I know Moor Lane still had spaces for clearing students and Moor lane now has another site on Walker St which depending on what part of campus you're in is either close to some or a 5-10 minute walk from others.
Reply 4
Original post by lilibeth
I don't know about Kopa but I know Moor Lane still had spaces for clearing students and Moor lane now has another site on Walker St which depending on what part of campus you're in is either close to some or a 5-10 minute walk from others.

Oh thank you, although I have just been on the Uni website and can't find anything on this moor lane halls lol will try google!
Reply 5
Oh thank you, although I have just been on the Uni website and can't find anything on this moor lane halls lol will try google!

They're private, the university does approve them but you book through their parent company Cosmo Student. I think you can book Kopa through the uni or through their own website, I'm not sure.
Reply 6
join the UCLan Freshers page, theres a list of people and flat numbers https://www.facebook.com/groups/297968443669571/
Hello everyone!

well I was considering putting UCLAN as my insurance option but I know that insurance choices are not guaranteed accommodation :/

if I end up going to UCLAN, I am quite a way from home and obviously would need accomodation but I was wondering what is the likelihood of being able to be placed?

What type of rooms are left available etc and what to do if the uni can't offer anything...

Thank you!

Someone asked about this at the applicant day and they said accommodation is not 'guaranteed' but so far they've never had to turn someone away and if for some reason they did they would help you find somewhere else. There are loads of private halls and house shares in Preston if it comes to it.
Hello everyone!

Thank you!

I can only reply based on the most recent year Rainbows, but we could still offer some accommodation right up until arrivals weekend in 2012/13. Obviously the closer you get to reception weekend the more availability will get more limited.

As others have also said there is plenty of private accommodation in Preston. Finding somewhere to live really wouldnt be something I would worry about if I were you. :smile:

Stuart
Hello everyone!

Thank you!

Hey,

Some students who have a conditional firm offer don't meet their requirements, so you will be automatically short-listed for one of their rooms which is going to be UCLan owned/leased room. Alternatively, there are many private halls available all year round, as well as student houses :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Aminur

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending