The Student Room Group

Chester(Warrington)/Huddersfield *HELP* :)

Hey all,
so hopefully i'm going to be going onto a Sports Journalism course next year *fingers crossed*, and i have 4 of my 5 uni choices nailed down, now you may think oh if this is your 5th, why such a big deal? tbh the other require high grades and i fear i may lack them, so i've narrowed my last choice down to either Chester (Warrington campus) or Huddersfield. I went to an open day at Chester, i liked it, but that was all (liked), please if anyone can give me any insight into life a Chester or Huddersfield, please comment and help me out because i cant make a decision! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Chester is lovely,Warrington not so lovely.The town centre has a decent shopping mall but no theatre or clubs as such depends what you are after.most folk from Warrington go out in Liverpool or Manchester.Warrington town centre is pretty rough in the evening.The Warrington campus is pretty much a higher education college that does courses linked to Chester......

No idea on Huddersfield though.
Reply 2
Hi - i'm from Warrington, lived there for the past 11 years and what has been said above me is pretty much right. It's not very student-friendly with regards to nights out either as theres only a handful of students in the town.

I'm not 100% sure on Huddersfield, all I can tell you is that one of my friends goes there and she moved from Warrington to Huddersfield a month ago and she loves it - she says its so much better than Warrington. I'll see if I can get here to talk to you :smile:

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending